Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. doramjan's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've had my Pre 3 running great on AT&T since fall 2011. About a month ago, I switched to StraightTalk with a data plan. I switched SIMs and everything worked no problem. 2 days ago, the Pre 3 popped up some error about there not being enough space (it had at least 2 gigs free), and when I clicked OK (or whatever it said), it restarted and came up to the activation screen.

    I couldn't activate using my original Palm Profile, so I tried entering the correct APN settings (as per Pre 3 on Straight Talk? Former Pre- User Wants to Come Home), I was able to get the H+ icon to show up. It had to be online because I was able to reset my Palm Profile password and see the password hint.

    Just for kicks, I tried creating a new profile with a different email address and it worked! So the APN settings and the data connection must be working. I went through the activation process with this new Palm Profile, did a reset, and tried to log in to my original Palm Profile. It still doesn't work and says it can't find a data connection.

    I'd like to get back into the original Palm Profile because it's shared with my Touchpad, and I've purchased a lot of apps since 2009. I'm stumped. Does anyone know what's going on?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by doramjan View Post
    I've had my Pre 3 running great on AT&T since fall 2011. About a month ago, I switched to StraightTalk with a data plan. I switched SIMs and everything worked no problem. 2 days ago, the Pre 3 popped up some error about there not being enough space (it had at least 2 gigs free), and when I clicked OK (or whatever it said), it restarted and came up to the activation screen.

    I couldn't activate using my original Palm Profile, so I tried entering the correct APN settings (as per Pre 3 on Straight Talk? Former Pre- User Wants to Come Home), I was able to get the H+ icon to show up. It had to be online because I was able to reset my Palm Profile password and see the password hint.

    Just for kicks, I tried creating a new profile with a different email address and it worked! So the APN settings and the data connection must be working. I went through the activation process with this new Palm Profile, did a reset, and tried to log in to my original Palm Profile. It still doesn't work and says it can't find a data connection.

    I'd like to get back into the original Palm Profile because it's shared with my Touchpad, and I've purchased a lot of apps since 2009. I'm stumped. Does anyone know what's going on?
    Steps I would take, use impostah...

    Make sure you have a good WiFi connection, use impostah to remove you profile (make sure that your palm account is not dr.skippedfirstuse, if it is remove that first). Reboot and first use will come up but will now use your WiFi to log into your profile. (make sure you have the right apn settings or it might fail activation)?

    Does this help?
  3. doramjan's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Steps I would take, use impostah...

    Make sure you have a good WiFi connection, use impostah to remove you profile (make sure that your palm account is not dr.skippedfirstuse, if it is remove that first). Reboot and first use will come up but will now use your WiFi to log into your profile. (make sure you have the right apn settings or it might fail activation)?

    Does this help?
    Since posting this, I've tried doing the Impostah + Wifi activation trick. It provided the same result of acting like there was no data connection when logging in with my original Palm Profile, but let me in instantly with the new Palm Profile.

    I'm trying the Impostah + Wifi trick again after a full erase, just for kicks.
  4. doramjan's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by doramjan View Post
    Since posting this, I've tried doing the Impostah + Wifi activation trick. It provided the same result of acting like there was no data connection when logging in with my original Palm Profile, but let me in instantly with the new Palm Profile.

    I'm trying the Impostah + Wifi trick again after a full erase, just for kicks.
    Using the Impostah + WIfi trick, I get to the activation screen with the wifi icon on and white (indicating a connection), but when I log in with my original Palm Profile, it says "Data not restored. We were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again." Clicking "Try Again" multiple times results in the same error.

    When I click "Forgot Password" for my original Palm Profile, it brings up my security question and even lets me reset my password, so it must have a good data connection.
    When I sign in with the new Palm Profile, it says "Setup Complete" and finishes without a problem.

    I have no idea, but I'd hate to lose my original Palm Profile
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by doramjan View Post
    Using the Impostah + WIfi trick, I get to the activation screen with the wifi icon on and white (indicating a connection), but when I log in with my original Palm Profile, it says "Data not restored. We were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again." Clicking "Try Again" multiple times results in the same error.

    When I click "Forgot Password" for my original Palm Profile, it brings up my security question and even lets me reset my password, so it must have a good data connection.
    When I sign in with the new Palm Profile, it says "Setup Complete" and finishes without a problem.

    I have no idea, but I'd hate to lose my original Palm Profile
    Your backup files are corrupt or version mis-matched...

    There are two ways to fix... First call HP/Palm to remove your last backup?

    Or... (tested on PrePlus when I had webOS 2.1.0 and webOS 2.2.4 backup issues)...

    Use impostah to activate your device using your account (apps will not restore), but you will now be on your HP/Palm profile... Reboot now restore a previous backup using impostah backup tab, once it restores validate your devices accounts/preferences you might have to reboot. Now once you are happy with your device use the backup app and attempt a backup to backup your device. You might have to disable backups (which will remove all your profile data but not apps purchased). Then re-enable now once you are happy... You can remove your HP/Palm profile (impostah) reboot, then first use, then restores your backup you just made, and your apps should now download... YMMV...
  6. #6  
    I had this same problem with my new pre3. My pre2 and pre+ had no problems logging into any of the profiles. Maybe now that the backup issues are sorted, I should try again.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7. doramjan's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
       #7  
    I did the Impostah thing, and got back in to my profile, but none of the apps were restored (I could still redownload manually), and I had to re-establish my accounts. No biggie.

    Then, this morning my Pre 3 said the application database was full. It restarted and went back to the activation screen. My heart sank, thinking I'd have to go through this whole thing again. However, when I logged in with my original Palm profile, it worked! Everything is back to normal now, I think. I still don't know what caused this problem, or how to prevent it in the future...

Posting Permissions