1.    #1  
    Having had my Pre 3 for a week now, I am really getting into the swing of using it efficiently. However, I am also starting to notice a couple things that don't seem to work as well compared to the previous Pre 2. Im posting this here so we can recollect together and see what we come up with. Maybe I am just remembering it wrong. I wish I still had my Pre 2 so I could make a comparison video. Would love to see the Pre Plus (overclocked) running against the Pre 2 and the Pre 3.

Here is my list:

1. Design: After holding the 3 and using it for a while, I think I prefer the overall "ergonomical" design of the Pre 2. However, the Keyboard is far and away much better than the Pre 2.

2. Speed: I can't really tell the difference. As far as cards loading and efficiency (not lagging or freezing), I don't remember having any trouble with the Pre 2. The Pre 3 has lagged a few times, and while typing has had to catch up once or twice.

3. Bluetooth: Maybe it is just my headset, but it seems like the Pre 3 has a hard time staying connected to my motorola bluetooth stereo headset. It will be working fine, then a call will come in and I answer it, all of a sudden I hear their voice coming out of the handset instead of the headset.

4. Camera: Can't tell that much of a difference really. The autofocus on the 3 is cool I guess, but I never really missed it on the 2.

5. PLAYLISTS!: Although I thought it was terrible to need the use of Windows Media Player to make playlists before, you can't even do that with the Pre 3. I had to buy Amigo, which is decent, but I prefer the stock music player. Why can't we have simple playlist functionality, even if I do have to use media player?

What are some of the other Past Pre 2 user's thoughts?
    Last edited by BigHulkDiesel; 04/21/2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Forgot #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiesel View Post
    Having had my Pre 3 for a week now, I am really getting into the swing of using it efficiently. However, I am also starting to notice a couple things that don't seem to work as well compared to the previous Pre 2. Im posting this here so we can recollect together and see what we come up with. Maybe I am just remembering it wrong. I wish I still had my Pre 2 so I could make a comparison video. Would love to see the Pre Plus (overclocked) running against the Pre 2 and the Pre 3.

Here is my list:

1. Design: After holding the 3 and using it for a while, I think I prefer the overall "ergonomical" design of the Pre 2. However, the Keyboard is far and away much better than the Pre 2.

2. Speed: I can't really tell the difference. As far as cards loading and efficiency (not lagging or freezing), I don't remember having any trouble with the Pre 2. The Pre 3 has lagged a few times, and while typing has had to catch up once or twice.

3. Bluetooth: Maybe it is just my headset, but it seems like the Pre 3 has a hard time staying connected to my motorola bluetooth stereo headset. It will be working fine, then a call will come in and I answer it, all of a sudden I hear their voice coming out of the handset instead of the headset.

4. Camera: Can't tell that much of a difference really. The autofocus on the 3 is cool I guess, but I never really missed it on the 2.

5. PLAYLISTS!: Although I thought it was terrible to need the use of Windows Media Player to make playlists before, you can't even do that with the Pre 3. I had to buy Amigo, which is decent, but I prefer the stock music player. Why can't we have simple playlist functionality, even if I do have to use media player?

What are some of the other Past Pre 2 user's thoughts?
    I have owned and used a pre, pre2 and a pre3 so I'll give some feed back from my perspective.

1. The keyboard is definitely much better than that on the pre2, first thing I noticed about the pre3 actually. As for the feel, I did like the small size of the pre2, it was very comfortable in one hand, but the pre3 is not by any means uncomfortable or awkward to hold.

2. I did find a difference in speed, nothing to blow me away, but there was definitely a difference. I always found my pre2 to lag at random times when texting, or when running 3+ cards, not the case with the pre3. You just have to keep in mind that the single core is now powering a larger screen with a higher resolution, so there is more pixels to be displayed.

3. I can't really comment here as I don't use a bluetooth headset, but I do connect to my touchpad and that connection doesn't seem to have problems.

4. I really like the camera on the pre3. I almost always found the need to focus with the pre2 and now I have the ability to do just that. Also, the pre3 has almost zero shutter lag, which is fun to mess around with :P

5. Can't comment here, I use an external source for music.