04/21/2012, 08:40 AM
Having had my Pre 3 for a week now, I am really getting into the swing of using it efficiently. However, I am also starting to notice a couple things that don't seem to work as well compared to the previous Pre 2. Im posting this here so we can recollect together and see what we come up with. Maybe I am just remembering it wrong. I wish I still had my Pre 2 so I could make a comparison video. Would love to see the Pre Plus (overclocked) running against the Pre 2 and the Pre 3.
Here is my list:
1. Design: After holding the 3 and using it for a while, I think I prefer the overall "ergonomical" design of the Pre 2. However, the Keyboard is far and away much better than the Pre 2.
2. Speed: I can't really tell the difference. As far as cards loading and efficiency (not lagging or freezing), I don't remember having any trouble with the Pre 2. The Pre 3 has lagged a few times, and while typing has had to catch up once or twice.
3. Bluetooth: Maybe it is just my headset, but it seems like the Pre 3 has a hard time staying connected to my motorola bluetooth stereo headset. It will be working fine, then a call will come in and I answer it, all of a sudden I hear their voice coming out of the handset instead of the headset.
4. Camera: Can't tell that much of a difference really. The autofocus on the 3 is cool I guess, but I never really missed it on the 2.
5. PLAYLISTS!: Although I thought it was terrible to need the use of Windows Media Player to make playlists before, you can't even do that with the Pre 3. I had to buy Amigo, which is decent, but I prefer the stock music player. Why can't we have simple playlist functionality, even if I do have to use media player?
What are some of the other Past Pre 2 user's thoughts?