Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hello, yesterday cracked something when sliding the keyboard and now the volume buttons doesn't work
    I have the Pre 3 as a daily driver, I can't imagine to change it... do you still have any possibilities to get the new flex cable?
    I have at home one Pre3 for parts, I'll check its flex cable, but I'm affraid that its life is ending soon also.
    Meanwhile you use the app "Speaker Phone" to control the volume
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hello, yesterday cracked something when sliding the keyboard and now the volume buttons doesn't work
    I have the Pre 3 as a daily driver, I can't imagine to change it... do you still have any possibilities to get the new flex cable?
    I have at home one Pre3 for parts, I'll check its flex cable, but I'm affraid that its life is ending soon also.
    Be sure you stick it really well by double sided tape (the best would be to use the metalic golden one, same or simillar as the one used, 3M is making great ones). I saw a few Pre 3 where users replaced flex cables but didn't sticked them well or they used old tape (or the one from previous device) and same issue happened again very soon.
    I will recheck for spares, but I doubt they are available as they were not available last time I have asked.
    Remy X likes this.
    scary thought :s

Btw, am I right saying that the issue is due to getting stuck in those small metal protusions ?
    If yes, do they really have an usage (what about removing them) ? (looking at the pics, never got an impression of those things to be of any practical utility)
    Ugh, this makes me afraid to use the slider on my Preł
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12