Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    Hi,
    i've turned my HP Pre 3 on for the first time, so i need to login my phone on my HP account. But i haven't internet with my phone subscription, and i didn't find how to set up the wifi connection (i can't get to the main screen).
    How can i do ?
    Thanks.

PS : sorry for the approximate english^^
    You should Insert your 3G sim to active it and HP account.
    If you want to be able to activate it using Wifi , so without spending money using the 3g data connection, you will have to make a custom doctor.

One of the options you can set, there, is to do the first time activation using wifi.

So basically... download the stock doctor for your model ( Eu or at&t ), look at the thread here,

WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor

and make a meta doctor with the options of your liking, then doctor your pre3 and activate it...

You will want to wait to put the simcard inside IF it's a brand new phone, in case you want to associate it with a specific app catalog... it's an operation that can be done just 1 time, at the beginning. If you put the sim, you cannot do it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    If you want to be able to activate it using Wifi , so without spending money using the 3g data connection, you will have to make a custom doctor.

One of the options you can set, there, is to do the first time activation using wifi.

So basically... download the stock doctor for your model ( Eu or at&t ), look at the thread here,

WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor

and make a meta doctor with the options of your liking, then doctor your pre3 and activate it...

You will want to wait to put the simcard inside IF it's a brand new phone, in case you want to associate it with a specific app catalog... it's an operation that can be done just 1 time, at the beginning. If you put the sim, you cannot do it anymore.
    Don't need to. At the First Use after you select language, open keyboard and dial #*3386633#. Enable Dev Mode (phone will reboot). Turn on WiFi, then run Gesture Tutorial.
    kill_dano likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks a lot !!
    I didn't find how to connect my phone to my HP account by this way, but now I can use my phone a minimum^^ (i can call someone !! lol) And i gonna hold on the 27 of april, when i'll have internet in my phone subscription to use my hp HP account on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by taubhi View Post
    Thanks a lot !!
    I didn't find how to connect my phone to my HP account by this way, but now I can use my phone a minimum^^ (i can call someone !! lol) And i gonna hold on the 27 of april, when i'll have internet in my phone subscription to use my hp HP account on my phone
    Like I said, just run the Gesture Tutorial. You'll go through the entire First Use all over again, including logging on to your HP account via Wi-Fi.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have a new Pre3 after my screen cracked on my first Pre3 and am trying to do the first configuration via wifi instead of the phone network. I am on T-Mobile and don't want to use my 500MB high speed. I tried the method suggested by Toni Cipriani but when running the gesture tutorial it never goes to the First Use again. What step am I missing?
    I tried this method as well and i was not able to sign into my profile. it just restarts the gesture tutorial.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPsychlo View Post
    I have a new Pre3 after my screen cracked on my first Pre3 and am trying to do the first configuration via wifi instead of the phone network. I am on T-Mobile and don't want to use my 500MB high speed. I tried the method suggested by Toni Cipriani but when running the gesture tutorial it never goes to the First Use again. What step am I missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyh2o View Post
    I tried this method as well and i was not able to sign into my profile. it just restarts the gesture tutorial.
    If this isn't working you'll have to wipe the phone to start over. You can do this with a Full Erase in Device Info > Reset Options. When the phone reboots press Emergency call during setup and enter ##DEVMODE# and enable developer mode. Your phone will restart. When it comes back you'll need to enabled wifi and connect to your network. Then you can use a computer and webOS Quick Install found in this forum to connect your phone to your computer and install Impostah. You can then reset your profile to your Palm Profile (from the default which is Dr Skipped First Use) which will again erase your phone and reboot you back into the first use screens. From there it's as simple as logging in. Kind of a pain I know but it'll work.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE