1.    #1  
    In the accounts app, when I try to setup Facebook or Linkedin, the "sign in" button stayes greyed out, even after I enter my email address and password. I am on webOS 2.2.4, with all the advanced patches installed.

Also in accounts, I have to use manual entry for email accounts because the same thing happens there. Unfortunately, there is no "manual entry" option for Facebook or Linkedin.

This also happens in the email, contacts and calendar apps.

Searching this forum I cannot find anyone else having this problem.

Any suggestions?
  2.    #2  
    I have had this problem before with a Pre and Veer and got around it by pressing the "enter" key after typing my passtword. But for some reason that did not work on Facebook with my Pre 3. What did work, though, was to use <shift><enter>! First, it moved the cursor to the end of the Email Address field; the second time I pressed <shift><enter>, it moved the cursor to the end of the Password field, and then the third time it invoked the sign-in and logged me in to Facebook.

The same process worked for LinkedIn, too.

Success!
    Quote Originally Posted by spreng View Post
    I have had this problem before with a Pre and Veer and got around it by pressing the "enter" key after typing my passtword. But for some reason that did not work on Facebook with my Pre 3. What did work, though, was to use <shift><enter>! First, it moved the cursor to the end of the Email Address field; the second time I pressed <shift><enter>, it moved the cursor to the end of the Password field, and then the third time it invoked the sign-in and logged me in to Facebook.

The same process worked for LinkedIn, too.

Success!
    I can't login to Linkedin either. But shift-enter just skips through the input fields, and does not invoke the signup process. I just sit here and was the device endlessly spin, with no login failure or any other error msg. I just don't log in.

Anyone else having issues logging into Linkedin on Pre 3?
    LinkedIn is broken due to LinkedIn changing URL's and API at their side. The app would need to be updated but LinkedIn won't do it. So far nobody from the community has fixed it. I looked into it a while ago but I lack the skills to fix this myself :'(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 09/29/2013 at 07:36 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2