Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    I mean we *could* build a TouchStone 2, or we could just use a separate bluetooth audio device with a custom-redesigned touchstone shell that holds the Pre3 properly
    blasphemy, you are over simplifying things my friend!

Seriously I use a variety of BT devices, I would love an A6 compatible TouchStone for the purposes of using it like mode switcher. Turn on BT, connect to certain BT device, if it's the one in the car turn off wifi, launch PodFrenzy, launch GPS, etc.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    I'd pay for that! I'd probably buy a few, since I have a few Touchstones. Though I would only dismantle one at first until I was sure it worked. I'd pay more than $5 too. The only problem is I'm not able to give up my phone long enough for someone to make the mold from it. Who's willing to do that?
    I have a Pre3. And I'm not going to make a mold, I'm going to make a 3D model, and have them prototyped on shapeways or something similar. It'd cost about 5 bucks each.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...e-surgery.html
    Palm Touchstone

Someone ask Rod where he put the pictures.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:20 PM.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Here's the iFixit teardown:
    Palm Touchstone Charger Teardown - iFixit
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    well im signed in so...................... RIP THE RING OFF THE TOUCHSTONE. WORKS GREAT! WORKS GREAT IN CAR AND IN OFFICE.
    This is what I was going to note. I've been doing this for a while & it works wonderfully. Doesn't fall off in the car. Simple, not entirely elegant, but it works!
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    You cannot make a proper Touchstone 2 of your own - the communication part is dependent upon a proprietary HP chip. That said, one could conceivably create a Touchstone with an integrated Bluetooth radio that is turned on when a device is charging. You'd need to add a button to be able to trigger pairing.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    You cannot make a proper Touchstone 2 of your own - the communication part is dependent upon a proprietary HP chip. That said, one could conceivably create a Touchstone with an integrated Bluetooth radio that is turned on when a device is charging. You'd need to add a button to be able to trigger pairing.
    BAH, just need a stock of TouchPad Touchstones to rip apart and get the A6 communication coil out, ohhh maybe some borked TouchPads too then you get two communication coils for every TP you rip apart.

(joking of course)
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12