Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sumy
  • 1 Post By johnnygewitter
  • 1 Post By broncot
  1.    #1  
    I have completely disassembled my Pre 3.

If anybody is interested here are the photos of EU HP Pre 3 PCB.
    TouchPadPro likes this.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Thanks. Any pics of the top part of the device? My speaker has a rattle at louder volumes and I'd like to know how easy it is to get to.
    Thanks for the teardown pictures, I made a few wallpapers out of it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Thanks. Any pics of the top part of the device? My speaker has a rattle at louder volumes and I'd like to know how easy it is to get to.
    I will try to figure out how to dismantle the slider and will post photos probably early next week.
    A few photos of the rest of Pre 3 will follow including slider
  5.    #5  
    Here are some more photos of Pre 3: slider, speakerphone assembly and speakerphone speaker (both sides). I will check tomorrow if this speaker is same as for any other phone or it was made special for HP.
  6.    #6  
    HP Pre 3 keypad mat and keypad membrane sticker
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    You can check this document "HP Pre 3_Product End-of-Life Disassembly instructions" at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitiz...1178234125.pdf

Photos are not high quality but they are still OK. Mirror can be removed by hair blower. Heat willsoften the glue.
    is it possible to change the ear piece of hp pre3...its not working.. i could not find the earpiece section in dis assembly photos..
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    @Sumy thanks for donating your Pre3 "to science" lol...

Does this mean now that we have semi-hi-res photos of a disassembled Pre3 that we can start identifying what specific chips form part of the logic board? And that we can build a list so that we can hunt for open source drivers that are currently available, which would then help our efforts to port open webOS to Pre3?

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
    Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

I'm curious if the volume buttons can be easily replaced, as mine aren't working. I don't see them in the picture or the HP teardown document.
    Here are a few more pictures Mr Whitby took of a Pre 3: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwhitby...th/6179973130/
    sshaka likes this.
    Perfect! That lets me see where it is. Now to work up the nerve to crack my Pre 3 open!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    TouchPadPro likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Perfect! That lets me see where it is. Now to work up the nerve to crack my Pre 3 open!
    Can you wait a few days?
    Of course!
    thanks,marke it;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    You can check this document "HP Pre 3_Product End-of-Life Disassembly instructions" at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitiz...1178234125.pdf

Photos are not high quality but they are still OK. Mirror can be removed by hair blower. Heat willsoften the glue.
    I like how that was a Verizon Wireless Pre3
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    what are you going to do with the parts?
    I'm looking for a back cover for my pre 3.
    Please PM me if your selling.
    /Beca