1. vba
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I use my phone in 2g only mode, and in 50% of time I have data connection issues (I can make phone calls, but browser, mail sync, gmaps etc. doesn't work). If I put in 3g only or network auto selection mode I don't have any problem, but I can make through the day with the battery in 2g only mode only.

Do you have any idea?
    Forcing 2G means you're on a slower network, is normal applications requiring stable fast data transmission hang up.
    There may also be coverage issue (i.e using an ATT Pre in some EU countries and vice versa)
    Instead of forcing 2G, you can toogle sync and notifications parameters to save power.
  3. vba
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    Forcing 2G means you're on a slower network, is normal applications requiring stable fast data transmission hang up.
    There may also be coverage issue (i.e using an ATT Pre in some EU countries and vice versa)
    Instead of forcing 2G, you can toogle sync and notifications parameters to save power.
    It's an EU Pre, I use it in Hungary. It's interesting what you wrote, because I owned previously a BB and a Palm Centro as well, and those devices were 2g only models, and I hadn't had any problems (except waiting for a long time to load a complex website).
    From my experience 3G devices always had poor performance on 2G networks compared to 2g only devices that have been specifically optimized to run on those slow networks.