Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WOPR
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Like me, some others cannot say goodbye to webOS and the HP Pre 3. Although I do have an iPhone 4S which I like very much, I still once in a while boot up my Pre 3 just to once more experience the elegant multi tasking I so dearly miss, as well as the smashing form factor which is superior to the iPhone 4S. The Pre 3 so much better fits in your hand...

And I am not alone. This is what Joshua Topolsky, main editor of The Verge, twittered this afternoon:

"Just booted up a Pre 3. What does that tell you?"

followed by

"Seriously though, web OS is so good in so many ways. "

followed by

"OTOH, this phone / software is acting super buggy... so just like old times."

Hmm....
    I think he still has his pre-release (no pun intended) device. Those devices did have some hardware and software bugs that caused the devices to get squirrelly. The screen sensors were set so high that a hot, humid day would cause the phone to go a little freaky sometimes.
    Though he still seem to like it, despite the bugs. I also couldn't do the jump even that i miss some apps here and then.
    I too am still in love. Sometimes I just stroke the phone & tease it with the touchstone...
    Josh, like myself and everybody else who was given a Pre3 to go along with our TouchPad for review back in July had to return both pieces of hardware - they were lent to us, not give. If Josh has a Pre3, it's because he got it off eBay or through a contact within HP after everything went to hell like the rest of us.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    the pre3 is the greatest phone that has ever touched my hands! Feels magical! Buying a Verizon one hopefully this weekend..

As, I have already broken my att pre3 that I was using mainly just for internet.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Josh, like myself and everybody else who was given a Pre3 to go along with our TouchPad for review back in July had to return both pieces of hardware - they were lent to us, not give. If Josh has a Pre3, it's because he got it off eBay or through a contact within HP after everything went to hell like the rest of us.
    I kinda miss the Derek/Deiter dynamic of this site. Derek, out of the original 3 guys, you are my favorite, but you need a buddy, like deiter, again.
    jsgraphicart likes this.
    I got my Pre Plus in the summer of 2010. Before that I had a Palm Centro, so I have been a Palm/webOS fan for a while. The only reason I switched to android was because I had a small window for a free phone. Before that, I was waiting for the Pre 3 on Verizon since that was what was expected to come at that time and my upgrade was coming. The free phone offer came around the same time as the announcement to pretty much kill webOS development. So with no hope of a Pre 3 officially coming to Verizon, I made my decision.

Through the months, I still took out my Pre Plus and turned it on and kept it up to date. I really did begin to miss it. I started looking up video reviews on the Pre 3 and the Touchpad. Found out it was possible to dual boot android on it. This made me REALLY want a TouchPad. I figured I could continue with Android which I already started using and also go back to the OS that I loved and missed.

So, with my Tax return, I got my TouchPad. And I must say, its one of my happiest purchases. Thats my love story with webOS. lol
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html