Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    T-Mo compatible or AT&T???

I'm going to guess you went with the AT&T compatible...

Call up the dialer pad > tap the upper left for the App menu > Preferences and Accounts > scroll down to Manual Settings and turn that ON > tap Edit Network Settings

On the APN tab enter tfdata for APN and leave everything else (user name, password) blank. Tap the Change Settings button. If you get an error saying the settings are incorrect, tap Set Up Anyway.

On the MMS APN tab enter tfdata for the MMS APN. Leave user name and password blank. For MMSC enter http://mms-tf.net and for MMS Proxy enter mms3.tracfone.com:80

Since there is no spot for Port you have to use colon ( : ) 80 at the end of the MMS Proxy string.

Max Size, I dunno. Try leaving it at the default of 600. If you get an error saying the settings are incorrect, tap Set Up Anyway. Test MMS by trying to send/receive a text with a picture attached...

If you have the T-Mo compatible SIM try following that pattern with the T-Mo comp. settings here: Support | NET10 and use the ones for Smart Phone.
    Looks like that worked for my old pre, but on the pre 3 I had to reset and got stuck on the sign in screen. I have not figured out how to get around that yet. When I do I think this thing will actually work.
    Quote Originally Posted by sulzen87@yahoo.com View Post
    Looks like that worked for my old pre, but on the pre 3 I had to reset and got stuck on the sign in screen. I have not figured out how to get around that yet. When I do I think this thing will actually work.
    On the first use screen... Select Emergency Call if you can by tapping on the "Emergency Call Only" notice or alternatively try typing in "bz" (the keys for #*) and that should call up the dialer.

Erase 911 from the phone number entry area so you don't accidentally dial it and then you should be able to get into the App Menu (upper left) to change the Preferences and Accounts settings...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    thanks RumoredNow,

att pre 3 switrched to Net10. your settings worked for data but I'm still not getting any mms. i tried leaving max size 600 and blank. nothing seems to work.

any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc25mc View Post
    thanks RumoredNow,

att pre 3 switrched to Net10. your settings worked for data but I'm still not getting any mms. i tried leaving max size 600 and blank. nothing seems to work.

any thoughts?
    ok - thanks again RumoredNow - i left your settings (max size 600) and turned phone off, pulled SIM, reinserted SIM & powered back up - now both my wife & my pre3 working well with data & mms
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    My settings are the same as the screenshots posted before. Everything works for me. The day I activated it I tried MMS right away and it didn't seem to work but it did a bit later. Seems like it just took a bit of time to get up and running. I now send pictures all the time without a problem.
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmin View Post
    My settings are the same as the screenshots posted before. Everything works for me. The day I activated it I tried MMS right away and it didn't seem to work but it did a bit later. Seems like it just took a bit of time to get up and running. I now send pictures all the time without a problem.
    I just switched to NET10 as well. on the ATT network, and also trying to get mms working. Data worked immediately after making apn changes, and getting H+ (2Mb/s download speeds).

I'll reboot and see if i can kickstart mms.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypalmpred View Post
    I just switched to NET10 as well. on the ATT network, and also trying to get mms working. Data worked immediately after making apn changes, and getting H+ (2Mb/s download speeds).

I'll reboot and see if i can kickstart mms.
    my Veer on Net10 is set up as RumoredNow indicated below in the highlights. i send/receive picture mail and texts successfully, even though it said "invalid..." on setup.

But -
    you should be getting 4-6 Mbps DL over HSPA+. i hope that improves for you, or you may want to try another mvno.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    my Veer on Net10 is set up as RumoredNow indicated below in the highlights. i send/receive picture mail and texts successfully, even though it said "invalid..." on setup.

But -
    you should be getting 4-6 Mbps DL over HSPA+. i hope that improves for you, or you may want to try another mvno.
    my internet apn is currently set as tfdata. should i change that?
    my internet apn is currently set as tfdata. should i change that?
    that's what i have too.

in Roswell, GA i was getting 4-6Mbps dl for the first week. i also have data roaming on as if that matters

get some speed out of it. H+ should be avg. 8Mbpos
    that's what i have too.

in Roswell, GA i was getting 4-6Mbps dl for the first week. i also have data roaming on as if that matters

get some speed out of it. H+ should be avg. 8Mbpos
    just to be clear, are u using att.mvno for ur Internet APN setting? If not, what apn?
    just to be clear, are u using att.mvno for ur Internet APN setting? If not, what apn?
    tfdata is my apn. H+ symbol comes right up.

i tried att.mvno. no data, no H+ symbol. you can also try wap.tracfone but that doesnt work for me either.
    tfdata is my apn. H+ symbol comes right up.

i tried att.mvno. no data, no H+ symbol. you can also try wap.tracfone but that doesnt work for me either.
    I am just wondering how u got 4-6Mbps out of it.

I am currently using tfdata. attmvno also did not work for me. i will try wap.tracfone aa well.
    I am just wondering how u got 4-6Mbps out of it.

I am currently using tfdata. attmvno also did not work for me. i will try wap.tracfone aa well.
    well net10 uses a lot of different networks depending on region. I'm in Atlanta metro. but you can test with another att mvno like straight talk and see if it I improves. theres several new ones now too
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12