webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pandora Randomly Pauses on Pre 3, Help
Pandora Randomly Pauses on Pre 3, Help
  Reply
Like Tree1Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11/11/2012, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Jake_M's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs10thPre View Post
what? there's a new Apollo beta? i will look into that too. i just tried their app on the Pre3, but went back to Pandora. what's weird is the Pre 3 would pause every 10 mins, and since the apollo install hasn't paused in 4 hours.

oh, and when i say pause, i mean PAUSE and you have to hit play. this is on the Pre3.

on my Pre-, however, it HANGS with a few seconds left in the song. i have to change the station to unfreeze it, or go to some other screen, back to "now playing" and hit the advance button quickly before it greys out, and it will advance.

but i'd rather support the webOS developers that are working to update their app for us, since Pandora can't be bothered to support their own dang app. the only good thing about Pan1.0.4 is it's still commercial-free. but that's irrelevant if it doesn't play.

edit: i did a little more reading and found the pandora patch file. i just installed it with WOQI to the Pre-. I'll report back if it eliminates the hang up with 5 secs remaining. it's been a pretty consistent issue lately so it shouldnt take long to see if it worked.
There's a Pre 3 version, then there's a Pre2/Veer version. For the Veer/Pre 2 version, you would most likely need to install the Enyo 1.0 package from Preware. Has Apollo been hanging for you on the phone versions? It shouldn't be. If it is, it'd be related to Pandora or the phone itself, because the backend is the exact same as the Touchpad version
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Jake_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/2012, 01:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
jkromero's Avatar
 
Posts: 63
Maybe you could point me in the direction to find the Pre3 version. The only version I find is for the Touchpad. Unless your saying the TP version works for the Pre3 and Pre2. How well does it scale to the differing screen sizes and resolutions?
jkromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 03:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Jake_M's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
Maybe you could point me in the direction to find the Pre3 version. The only version I find is for the Touchpad. Unless your saying the TP version works for the Pre3 and Pre2. How well does it scale to the differing screen sizes and resolutions?
Apollo (Pandora Radio for Pre 3), and there is a private beta version that works on the Pre 2 and Veer
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Jake_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by redrum0036 likes this.
Thanked By: redrum0036
Old 11/14/2012, 04:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
TJs11thPre's Avatar
 
Posts: 854
well, my hang issues with Pandora did not go away after installing Apollo. So that was just a coincidence.

also, the Pandora patch didn't help either. in fact, i've had BT audio and system sounds issues since installing it on the Pre- so i'm going to Dr it and try from new. argh.

I've been listening to Apollo at home regularly, and I don't hear the "playing faster" thing that i was talking about. Maybe I was dreaming it.

Apollo has paused only twice today on the Pre 3 connected via wifi. Not too bad. For home use, this is a winner. Unfortunately without BT it's not a mobile option yet. I haven't checked into the Beta version, but I will, and I appreciate the developers' efforts there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs10thPre View Post
what? there's a new Apollo beta? i will look into that too. i just tried their app on the Pre3, but went back to Pandora. what's weird is the Pre 3 would pause every 10 mins, and since the apollo install hasn't paused in 4 hours.

oh, and when i say pause, i mean PAUSE and you have to hit play. this is on the Pre3.

on my Pre-, however, it HANGS with a few seconds left in the song. i have to change the station to unfreeze it, or go to some other screen, back to "now playing" and hit the advance button quickly before it greys out, and it will advance.

but i'd rather support the webOS developers that are working to update their app for us, since Pandora can't be bothered to support their own dang app. the only good thing about Pan1.0.4 is it's still commercial-free. but that's irrelevant if it doesn't play.

edit: i did a little more reading and found the pandora patch file. i just installed it with WOQI to the Pre-. I'll report back if it eliminates the hang up with 5 secs remaining. it's been a pretty consistent issue lately so it shouldnt take long to see if it worked.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 04:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
TJs11thPre's Avatar
 
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
Maybe you could point me in the direction to find the Pre3 version. The only version I find is for the Touchpad. Unless your saying the TP version works for the Pre3 and Pre2. How well does it scale to the differing screen sizes and resolutions?
if you're using WOQI to install, it should recognize your model and only offer the DLs for it. You shouldn't be able to install the TP version on the Pre3.

I have Apollo on the Pre 3 and while it looks like a TP design, i can read everything at a correct scale on the Pre3 screen.

apollo is working pretty well via wifi. Only one pause with 6 seconds remaining in a song, in 8 hrs of straight play time.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 05:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
Apollo (Pandora Radio for Pre 3), and there is a private beta version that works on the Pre 2 and Veer
Hey Jake, I love Apollo on my Pre 3. I still can't get it to work with Bluetooth. Works great otherwise. No pauses. Is there a fix for the Bluetooth issue?
maxmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 07:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Jake_M's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmin View Post
Hey Jake, I love Apollo on my Pre 3. I still can't get it to work with Bluetooth. Works great otherwise. No pauses. Is there a fix for the Bluetooth issue?
See here
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
Jake_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 07:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 38
OK, Didn't see that one. Maybe one of the WebOS masters will have an idea on that....
maxmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2012, 01:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
TJs11thPre's Avatar
 
Posts: 854
My Pre3 will pause with 57 seconds left in a song, like every 3rd song.

I tried installing the Pandora patch. After that, I had issues with BT headset controls not functioning at all, so I removed it, un/reinstalled Pandora, and still have the pausing.

the pausing occurs in speakerphone as well, so it's not isolated to BT use.

AS much as I'd love to switch to Apollo, it doesn't play thru BT, so it's not a solution for me.

I'm going to try this ghastly headset app which I just found today, hopefully it will help.

thanks in advance for any useful advice - meanwhile i'll keep searching/reading.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 04:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs10thPre View Post
My Pre3 will pause with 57 seconds left in a song, like every 3rd song.

I tried installing the Pandora patch. After that, I had issues with BT headset controls not functioning at all, so I removed it, un/reinstalled Pandora, and still have the pausing.

the pausing occurs in speakerphone as well, so it's not isolated to BT use.

AS much as I'd love to switch to Apollo, it doesn't play thru BT, so it's not a solution for me.

I'm going to try this ghastly headset app which I just found today, hopefully it will help.

thanks in advance for any useful advice - meanwhile i'll keep searching/reading.
Interesting thread - I'm also having issues with a pause almost every song in a Pre3-Verizon I just enabled this past weekend.

Did anyone find a final solution to this?

My old Pre+ plays coninuously at home: Source=WiFi, output = cable to stereo. never a glitch since my first Pre+ 3 years ago - including this weekend...

Never had this issue on my Pre+ nor the Pre2 that I just retired. Both have been stock and both have used homebrew and over-clocked with different kernals as well. Both used heavily in the car (wired Aux input to sound system, at home, and through wired headphones or through BT headset depending on situation.

I will try to find a pattern on the Pre3 before I try 1) reinstalling, 2) patch, 3) IDK?

Any advice is welcome.
ishmael22dpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2014, 12:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 88
I can't seem to download & install either Apollo or Pandora onto my NIB Pre3 (just replaced my old Pre3 which had Pandora on it). I just searched the forums and can't find any info on this problem. Can anyone help guide me to more info?

TIA.
mypalmpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Tags
pandora, pause, pre 3

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0