1.    #1  
    This morning I woke up to my default alarm. Sometime during my alarm going off (7:30) and now (10:50), I got a popup saying "My application database is full" [...] "a restart is required." I am very puzzled as I only have a few applications (5 or 6). So I hit the restart button, and my entire Pre 3 wiped itself back to a default state.

All my notes, pictures and other files appear to be intact on the flash-drive. It just looks like I have to re-sync all my preferences. Beyond annoyed right now, as all my contact preferences linked together in Synergy are now gone.

Has anyone had this happen to them?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yes, this has happened to me twice in the last 2 weeks on my Pre 3. Very annoying.
    Same thing happened to me last week. IN my case I had been having problems with calenders showing up on my phone that I did not want and nothing would turn them off. I decided to delete all my calenders and reinstall them. During the process of deleting calenders I got the data base full message and the phone did a complete restart from 0. The good part was my calender finally worked correctly for the first time but of course I had to reload everything. Save -Restore is a good thing!

Who knows if the calender thing was related to the database full thing or not.
    The only way to fix this is to download Tailor HB app from Preware and resize your /var parition to 1gb.

That way it will never fill up.

Solved the problem for me
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    The only way to fix this is to download Tailor HB app from Preware and resize your /var parition to 1gb.

That way it will never fill up.

Solved the problem for me
    Can't resize the partition with Tailor. How did you resize the partition with Tailor when the creator of the Tailor app said it can't be done with Tailor?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I started getting this error in the last couple of weeks. Despite the implication, the re-set is not a true wipe since my calendar (13,000+), contacts (800+), and other non-profile data remain on the device.

I've tried setting CompanionLink (my Palm Desktop third party sync software) to purge before synching, but the error to pops up when CompanionLink begins the calendar synch. I've also tried deleting the CompanionLink database and re-installing it, just in case, although I was pretty certain that CompanionLink wasn't the issue since the Pre 3 re-set didn't really wipe the phone to factory.

Is there a way to truly wipe the calendar data? I can see duplicates in the calendar which is probably why it's unhappy, but I can't go back day by day to delete the dupes since my calendar entries go back literally decades (since before Palm O/S...fat-fingered from an old rudimentary calendar program).

My phone is not rooted nor does it have any patches other than the one HP update to webOS v2.2.4.

Help??? This is making me nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    I started getting this error in the last couple of weeks. Despite the implication, the re-set is not a true wipe since my calendar (13,000+), contacts (800+), and other non-profile data remain on the device.

I've tried setting CompanionLink (my Palm Desktop third party sync software) to purge before synching, but the error to pops up when CompanionLink begins the calendar synch. I've also tried deleting the CompanionLink database and re-installing it, just in case, although I was pretty certain that CompanionLink wasn't the issue since the Pre 3 re-set didn't really wipe the phone to factory.

Is there a way to truly wipe the calendar data? I can see duplicates in the calendar which is probably why it's unhappy, but I can't go back day by day to delete the dupes since my calendar entries go back literally decades (since before Palm O/S...fat-fingered from an old rudimentary calendar program).

My phone is not rooted nor does it have any patches other than the one HP update to webOS v2.2.4.

Help??? This is making me nuts!
    I had the same issue. By Doctoring it, it was just fine.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks for the good news. Can you point me to detailed instructions of how to Doctor it? I'm really tired of re-re-re-re-loading my device, and would like to get it taken care of it as soon as possible. Really appreciate it!
    You need the DR for your phone:

WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

then follow these instructions:

Palm Support : Using HP webOS Doctor
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    This is also worth reading for a permanent fix, if you are comfortable with a command line: MojoDB Partition Resize - WebOS Internals
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    This is also worth reading for a permanent fix, if you are comfortable with a command line: MojoDB Partition Resize - WebOS Internals
    As Donald pointed out, there is a nice permanent fix that he helped me write up for one of my Tips of the Day. you can check it out here: Workaround for Application Database is Full error | webOS Nation

Also, here is some good reading material on backing up/restoring your device if you need it: The Definitive Guide to Backing up and Restoring your webOS Device | webOS Nation & Roundup: Advanced device backup/restore tips | webOS Nation

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Donald (and Adam)---

Thank you! Tell me: How do I get webOS SDK for my computer or perform a webOS Quick Install? I've never hacked a phone, but I am not afraid of Linux.

---A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Donald (and Adam)---

Thank you! Tell me: How do I get webOS SDK for my computer or perform a webOS Quick Install? I've never hacked a phone, but I am not afraid of Linux.

---A.
    You don't actually need to install the SDK... you just need to download webOS Quick Install (it's a program, not an action)

Here are some reference sites;

Forum link for webOS Quick Install: http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html

webOS Nation article re: Homebrewing How to install homebrew apps on your TouchPad or webOS smartphone | webOS Nation
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Hi, Donald and Adam! I wanted to bring up some additional information.

I cracked the screen of my old Pre3, and bought a new one (that had had the HP Profile bypassed). I have had one heck of a time trying (completely unsuccessfully) to get the new one to sign in to my HP Profile...and I think that @Garfonso figured it out: Since the old Pre3 had had its partition expanded, the HP Profile was different than the database that the new Pre3 expects.

My guess is that Doctoring doesn't bring the device completely back to "stock"; in other words, an expanded partition remains expanded after a Doctor...it just has the original software reinstalled. As a test (since I was concerned that somehow my Profile had become corrupted), I Doctored my old Pre3 and it signed in fine. However, I no longer have access to the bookmarks in the Web...the bookmarks list is blank, and I can't figure out a way to change (delete) the bookmarks that display when Web is selected. Another weird thing was that I had my old text messages at first, but after a couple of days all SMS had wiped itself automagically.

So...it seems that if you change the partition, and you buy a new phone and want to transfer the Profile to the new one, that you might have to change the new phone's partition first (after bypassing sign in) before you can sign into the Profile? Does that make sense to you? It also seems that once a device has been re-partitioned, Doctoring it may cause some unexpected issues...what do you think?

I haven't had a chance to re-partition the new Pre3 yet...although I am concerned about messing up some of the software (like the bookmarks and SMS)...unless the only real problem is changing the partition and then Doctoring it, since the re-flashed software is expecting a particular configuration?

Relatedly, do you know:

...is there a way to actually bring the device back to "stock"?

...is there a way to re-set the Profile so that you can keep your e-mail and password but blow away the rest of the database?

Absolutely LOVE the work you did! Just wanted to keep the conversation going in case others run into the same problems I have. I am currently bypassed and can at least use the Internet via WiFi and the phone on the new Pre3, so...gettin' there!
    I just had this problem, know nothing about programming! thanks for al your help
    - your local 14 year old webOS user