Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I tried searching the forum to see if anyone's had this question, but couldn't find any. So...

I own and use the Veer currently, but the lack of support and updates on it is quite frustrating. It's just a few things that don't work right that ruins the experience of using it. It feels like the app and os updates for the Veer have stopped altogether. Kind of a dead deal...

Is Pre 3 any better? I'm actually hoarding a new one right now, and was planning to sell it since I've always liked the size of the Veer. But if the Pre 3's app market and OS are still being updated, I might have a go...
    Very few games are compatible with the PrPrPr&#$275$; $3$.

No N.O.V.A.
    No Asphalt
    No Assassins Creed
    No Brothers in Arms...

You might as well buy a Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$
    or get a droid and never worry again?
    Actually if you check around, there are a bit of games reported on this forum as working on the pre3, including all the ones listed above.

In all cases I suppose those people bought them while having a pre2 or older, and transferred plus added the json patch on the pre3.
    But no, those games are not in the app catalog for the pre3, so the only legal way to buy and install I suppose would be getting a cheap pre or such, and then switch over to the pre3.

It would help if the app catalog would allow to purchase apps even if they are not claimed as supported
    You can use Impostah App Tuckerbox to "trick" the App Catalog into thinking you have a different device, but results may vary, and as noted above, you must have bought them on a compatible device at some time in the past.
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/31/2012 at 08:09 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I'm coming at that from the opposite direction.

I have an unlocked black AT&T Pre 3 (16GB) and I like it but then I saw someone selling a white Veer for a steal so I bought it. It seems more responsive and I love the fact it's tiny!

I'm currently deciding which I should keep. Which would be easier to sell??

I have barely started using the Veer - what have people found the battery life to be like? It's pretty shoddy on the Pre 3 but I know that's the norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by OfnPanad View Post
    I have barely started using the Veer - what have people found the battery life to be like? It's pretty shoddy on the Pre 3 but I know that's the norm.
    My little sister had the Veer and I had the Pre3, both were about on par as far as battery life goes, but I never found the Veer to be more responsive. There are quite a few patches on Preware that help boost responsiveness, you might want to try them out.

The one thing I liked about the Veer was the magnetic connector. It was too bad that the headphone jack couldn't fit into the device and the fact the Veer isn't compatible with the Touchstone, but it didn't bother me much that I had the clunkier and bigger Pre3. Also, I never quite liked the keyboard of the Veer.
    Last edited by yousifabdullah; 04/02/2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Veer not compatible with Touchstone???

Veer IS fully compatible with the Touchstone.

I loved my Veer and I do think that it is as responsive or more so than my Pre3 and I have many patches to assist in responsiveness. I also think the battery life on the Veer was slightly better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excimer View Post
    Veer not compatible with Touchstone???

Veer IS fully compatible with the Touchstone.
    Wow, I stand corrected. Sorry about that!

I could've sworn the Veer I had didn't support the Touchstone.
    Hi all,

Yes my Veer works with touchstone. As it's smaller it works better than the Pre 3 - you almost have to tear the touchstone off the desk to take the Veer off it.

After an extensive play test with both of them I think battery life is so similar it doesn't matter. I have decided to keep the Pre 3 as I like the bigger screen and i am hoping "draw Something" will be ported to webOS!

I haven't got the 50 posts so I can't sell it on here but if you're looking for a Veer my partner is selling it on her Amazon.co.uk account.
    The Veer doesn't support Touch-to-Share an extension of Touchstone tech. That it doesn't is the fault of HP - the hardware to do it is there, but the necessary webOS update has never come to enable that hardware.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    The Veer doesn't support Touch-to-Share an extension of Touchstone tech. That it doesn't is the fault of HP - the hardware to do it is there, but the necessary webOS update has never come to enable that hardware.
    With lack of Touch-to-Share is also lack of SMS sharing (not exactly same software, but same software update 2.2+) so the Pre2 and Pre3 do allow SMS sharing where Veer does not (without some unsupported software modification that I have been unwilling to try on either Veer).

App support would go like this, if it's on the Veer probably on the Pre3 (in some manor or another). If it's on the Pre3 still a good chance it's not on the Veer. I wouldn't give up my Pre3 for my Veer and I have used a Pre2. The Pre2 is an awesome device, but doesn't feel as good in the hand as a Pre3. For whatever reason, both running 2.2.4 the Pre2 seems a lil more stable software wise, but maybe that's just because I haven't done any hard core Pre2 use in a while.

Veer definitely holds to the touchstone the best of all webOS phones, the Pre3 the worst, and Pre2 is pretty good, maybe even slightly better than Sprint Pre, but been a long time since I've really paid attention to a OG Pre.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    or get a droid and never worry again?
    Yea, no worries ever; because Google and Big Brother loves you soooo much.