Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johncc
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Seems that the TouchPad has it along with Gorilla Glass, but no mention of whether the Pre3 has it as well?

Thanks!
    yes, the pre3 has the same coating.
    If it is, it doesn't dislike it very much. :-)
    p41m3r likes this.
    I love the coating.

I just don't love the screen. Yes, Gorilla Glass is awesome. But the screen is not resistant against smudges. Spilled 2 drops of water 1 time and I can't get it fully cleaned since. It always smudges up even though I never spilled anything again. That's my only gripe about the Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I wondered whether there was a coating based on how many smudges the screen attracts.

The reason I ask is that I have two tiny scratches on my screen and was thinking of getting a scratch remover (like iDrops which seems to work alright on glass/Gorilla Glass screens) -- but heard that these can be abrasive to oleophobic coatings...

So I guess that's out -- any other suggestions perhaps on what I can do to repair the scratches?
    I find that the most effective way to avoid fingerprints is to wash my hands before use. Not particularly convenient, but effective. :-)
    On my two PRE2 there were a kind of oleophobic but this coating didn' t last long (I'm a cleaning fetishist). On my PRE3 there was no oleophobic but I found a really good solution for the smudges - I use a so called "Nano Gloss" polish (see on TV advertisement or car accessories). I use it once a week - I think the content is enough for the next decade.