Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    My Pre3 comes with a basic alarm clock. But it will do once, daily, weekdays or weekends. What I want is one that will do Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.

Is there such a beast?

Thanks

Alan
    Yes there is TimePiece.

https://developer.palm.com/appredire....app.timepiece
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mannyman; 03/30/2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: pic
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Thanks, but too many bad reviews for me to consider this.

I need something that will wake me in the morning, even if I am away from home and a touchstone.

Alan
    Alarm Daily Options patch in Preware, have you considered that? (Is it available for the Pre3?)

"Even if away from home and Touchstone" not quite sure what exactly you're trying to say here.
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/30/2012 at 08:25 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post

I need something that will wake me in the morning, even if I am away from home and a touchstone.

Alan
    Really? 86% positive of 397 reviews $0.99 app isn't good enough? Just browsing the negative reviews, pretty sure some of that stuff has been addressed in updates but the reviews never updated.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    I've got Timepiece too. It works fine for me. Its certainly worth the meager 99 cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    I've got Timepiece too. It works fine for me. Its certainly worth the meager 99 cents!
    Have both timepiece and simpletime, both are nice programs.

Alan
    Timepiece should be OK with a Pre3 in portrait with a Touchstone.

But forget it if you want to use it in Exhibition Mode when the TouchPad is on a Touchstone in landscape.
    It was made TouchPad compatible in the last 2 versions, but landscape was removed in the options... duh..........
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    Timepiece should be OK with a Pre3 in portrait with a Touchstone.

But forget it if you want to use it in Exhibition Mode when the TouchPad is on a Touchstone in landscape.
    It was made TouchPad compatible in the last 2 versions, but landscape was removed in the options... duh..........
    Yep, that's too bad. And what's really weird if if you run it in landscape mode it will orient in landscape anyway, except in exhibition mode where that doesn't happen. I don't understand that but what I observed.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Yep, that's too bad. And what's really weird if if you run it in landscape mode it will orient in landscape anyway, except in exhibition mode where that doesn't happen. I don't understand that but what I observed.
    Exactly.... if run in landscape mode, it WILL orient in landscape, but it still is not sized correctly.

If run in landscape mode with a TouchPad, you have to drag up & down (w/finger on right side of the time numbers) to see a triggered alarm (top of screen) and the alarm scheduled (bottom of screen). It appears like the app was coded to run at 1024X1024 for a TouchPad for both portrait and landscape.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Alarm Daily Options patch in Preware, have you considered that? (Is it available for the Pre3?)

"Even if away from home and Touchstone" not quite sure what exactly you're trying to say here.
    It doesnt seem to be available for a pre3.

What i meant is that the reviews i read implied it works best on a touchstone. I need it to work when i am away in a hotel room
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

What i meant is that the reviews i read implied it works best on a touchstone. I need it to work when i am away in a hotel room
    The patch isn't available for the Pre 3 (shame!).

You COULD say it works best on the touchstone simply because it works in Exhibition Mode. However, you can STILL simply LAUNCH the app when not on the the touchstone and the alarm will work just fine. I've used it both ways.

BTW, this is not strictly related to the issue, but I thought I'd mention it anyway... If you want a good radio-alarm (with radio sleep function), you should try UberRadio.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)

Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    The patch isn't available for the Pre 3 (shame!).

You COULD say it works best on the touchstone simply because it works in Exhibition Mode. However, you can STILL simply LAUNCH the app when not on the the touchstone and the alarm will work just fine. I've used it both ways.

BTW, this is not strictly related to the issue, but I thought I'd mention it anyway... If you want a good radio-alarm (with radio sleep function), you should try UberRadio.
    On a touchstone, you can leave the screen on all the time and not worry about battery. This is a setting in the app preferences. Without the touchstone, or a charger, it should work fine just you risk running the battery down if you have the screen on all the time. The screen hould wake up and show when the alarm goes off. If you have a charger plugged in then no reason not to have the screen on. I can't think of any other reason a touchstone would make any difference. Am I missing something?

I like timepiece but am using simpleclock more right now since, at least for the moment, it's better formatted for my touchpad screen, but they are both good programs, and cheap so I just bought them both.
    Ahh too bad, I see it was made by romanodog, mau I'm thinking mau is probably rmausser. Maybe he could update it?

Ok, I get it now I think as long as you have your wall charger, it'll work just fine. It isn't vital, (the Touchstone), but just kind of neat I guess for Exhibition Mode. I had that app on my Pre- and never had a Touchstone until my Veer, never had any issues.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel