webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pre 3 Email missing functionality
Pre 3 Email missing functionality

Old 03/27/2012, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Just moved to the Pre 3 (webOS 2.2.4) from Pre plus and email has no:

Reply all
Forward
Delete

from with the email application!?!?! Which makes it somewhat useless.

Also, I do not see any Preware patches for Delete all and Read all to add to application.

Have tried adding 2.2.3 feed and have found nothing new.

Please help meeeeee????

Thanks in advance!!
kdmcks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

I see those across the bottom of the message card.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Mark Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2012, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ditto for the re, re all, fwd etc buttons. Those are standard.

For the delete all, read all I have an advanced patch or tweak, or both.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Old 03/28/2012, 06:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
lm1

Speaking of missing functionality, is there any way to make this thing send text/plain messages?
lm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/30/2012, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Speaking of missing functionality, is there any way to make this thing send text/plain messages?
Bummer there wasn't an affirmative answer as I would really like to be able to send plain text emails too.
Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
Mize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2012, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Anybody out there able to patch 2.2.4 to allow for plain text? I've joined a Yahoo group and can't send new emails or reply from my Pre 3 as they won't accept html. Please!?!
Old 12/31/2012, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

+1 Plain text email would be much appreciated. There is a patch from bbito but I think it's only on Touchpad (v. 3.0+).
slight9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2012, 06:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slight9 View Post
+1 Plain text email would be much appreciated. There is a patch from bbito but I think it's only on Touchpad (v. 3.0+).
True, the plain/text email patch works very nicely for Touchpad as most of the code was in place, just sitting on the sidelines and it appears to work just as well as the multi-part email in 1.x. I have spent quite a few hours trying to do something similar for 2.x, but the code is very different from both 1.x and 3.x. I personally use a hack that does send text/plain, but it doesn't also send the text/html and its ugly because long thread start getting formatting problems about 2 or 3 replies in. The two problems I have with the 2.x email code are that 1: The composition model wants a DOM-accessible html body to work with and expects to be able to access a DIV that is the signature placeholder. And 2: the handling of plain-text formatted reply threads was never finessed like it was for 1.x (because they never released it as an email feature).
I would love to get text/plain plus text/html working nicely for 2.x and have some of the code, but at this point need some help from someone else who's looked at the 2.x code.
-Happy New Year!
bbito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
email app, pre 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0