Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Derek Kessler
  1.    #1  
    Hello.
    I have started App Catalog on my Pre3 today, and it displayed new EULA, which I read and accepted.
    Why are they doing this and what has changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    Hello.
    I have started App Catalog on my Pre3 today, and it displayed new EULA, which I read and accepted.
    Why are they doing this and what has changed?
    Not much....they just want 10% of all your income for the next 50 years....and your first born son

I'm joking of course.
    Can't say I've run into a new EULA in my App Catalog use...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Vistaus likes this.
  4.    #4  
    I guess they want to say "we do not care what developers do to your personal data, addressbook or other bits and pieces, despite all the noise on Android and iOS fronts"...
    There's only Location Services warning. But so many other juicy bits and pieces exist. (Camera, your photos, cookies, history, Contacts) Looks like there needs to be investment to protect those. And all we get is a new EULA.
    No new EULA anything here on my Pre 2. I do notice some new phone apps that I haven't seen come up for TouchPad though .. !!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Just launched the app catalog.. but I got no new eula.. it started as usual ( Pre3 )
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeover View Post
    I guess they want to say "we do not care what developers do to your personal data, addressbook or other bits and pieces, despite all the noise on Android and iOS fronts"...
    There's only Location Services warning. But so many other juicy bits and pieces exist. (Camera, your photos, cookies, history, Contacts) Looks like there needs to be investment to protect those. And all we get is a new EULA.
    None of the things you are talking about can be accessed by apps in the app cataloge (homebrew is a whole different story).

For example, if you take contacts or calendar. Apps can use them. But every app get's its own calendar or addressbook and only what you enter explicitely through that app (or in that app's calendar through the calendar app) can be accessed by that app. Nothing else. That is quite clever for privacy things, but it prevents things like alternative calendar or contacts apps.
    haven't seen a new EULA, even after a fresh doctor. What pre3 model, carrier, and country does the OP have. And are you using impostah or any other homebrew slight of hand?
    Isn't this only for California? I remember about 2-3 weeks ago an article was posted on the front page saying that the state of California wanted more privacy warnings and stuff. I guess that's the reason that the HP EULA has changed for people living in California and therefor only shows up when you're living jn California (due you carrier in Cf has to force this).
    the OP says he is in Melbourne (Florida or Australia?) which is why I asked about Impostah and other homebrew stuff that may be unique to him.
    I'm in CA, nothing here on any of our devices Pre3, Pre2 and multiple TouchPads.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I meta doctored my device yesterday and app catalog says last updated march 15th, 2011. that's pretty old. pre2 with super 2.2.4. so. yeah, been a while.
    what version are you on in software manager?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    what version are you on in software manager?
    for me, it's 2.0.23300