1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    just to check whetehr the pre 3 has warranty. I purchased mine aug last year, from expansys...using it as an internet browser phone.. Today tried it as a phone..and damn..the ear speaker is not working!!!..

any ideas guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Hi guys,
    just to check whetehr the pre 3 has warranty. I purchased mine aug last year, from expansys...using it as an internet browser phone.. Today tried it as a phone..and damn..the ear speaker is not working!!!..

any ideas guys?
    they dont, they wont even support it. if you need support you have to call HPUK
    The Pre3 was never sold, it doesn't exist as far as HP is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Hi guys,

any ideas guys?
    The information you need can be found below.

I am unfamiliar with expansys, but it looks to be a legit phone retailer. If you are/were in certain parts of the world you may have a warranty. It looks like expansys may be an authorized dealer from the amount of items they carry on their international site.

So what version Pre3 do you have first. AT&T version does not have warranty, but HP will do repairs for a fee. QWERTZ, AZERTY and QWERTY 8gig Pre3s were sold and warranted by HP. So if you have one of those you have a shot...

Now if you do have one of the potential warrantied devices, the next step is to contact HP and see what they say. HP may say no if you are living in an "unsupported" country where the devices weren't "released". If that is the case, you may also want to check with expansys if HP is unwilling to cover you under warranty. If expansys is an authorized dealer that sold a warrantied HP item then shipped to an "unsupported" country, they may be willing to assist with the warranty exchange.

Good luck to you, and please let us know your answers to the above information.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 03/23/2012 at 06:50 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...