Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the initial release of KalemSoft Media Player for Pre3. A free trial version is available at our website at this link

This version has all the features available in the TouchPad version including subtitles except UPNP/DLNA playback. However, it supports streaming via KalemSoft Media Streamer as usual. Hardware decoding is not enabled yet, so local playback of H264 encoded HD content may be slow, but divx/xvid content should play fine. Streaming should have no performance problems, either.

Note that the application is not available on the app catalog yet.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Rnp, Paul_D, richip and 3 others like this.
    Yeeeeeehaw!!!!!!!!
    Will this run on a Pre 2 with Enyo? If not, do you plan on updating your other Pre app?
    Hmm, tells me instantly that the trial period has expired, is this because I tried the other pre versions previously.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    works fine now, very happy with it, also didnt note until i read another random post that cifs shares work best with kalem player if you mount the share with enyo drive mapper after launching media player and not before.

Also even without hardware decoding etc, pretty much everything i throw at it runs fine, both local and remote, and even the stuff that isnt perfectly played is still totally watchable.

looking good.
    woohoo, finally I'll be able to play back my video files without first converting them.

How much will it cost?
    $6.99 ish, so in UK, less than a medium/large pepperoni pizza.
    If I purchased for Pre2 do I have to re purchase for Pre3 ?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gderoiste View Post
    If I purchased for Pre2 do I have to re purchase for Pre3 ?
    No. I did so.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    I looooooooove it!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    $6.99 ish, so in UK, less than a medium/large pepperoni pizza.
    Sounds good to me! I'll hang on until it's released in the app catalogue.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Tested the demo. run .mp4 720p very slow. Using standard player it can run smoothly.

I hope future update will be better before I decide to buy this app ( Pre3 version ).
    hi have been really looking forward to this app on pre3. Already purchased on pre2 and then touchpad. But this version seems to play quite slow. Will try a few more files and check back.
    when will it be available in app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by casperstar View Post
    when will it be available in app catalog?
    thats entirely down to whenever HP approve it and make it available, devs cant make it appear any faster.
    Anyway I think that we can purchase this specific app directly on Kalemsoft website ( and personally would be the preferred route ).

I've tried it with some divx, and plays very well... I think that who had issues ( slowness ) in his own trial is due to the temporary lack of hw decoding ( probably h264 or some intensive setting were used in those cases )
    cant say i have a massive library of differing codecs, i do all my owns stuff using XVID and have had no real issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Will this run on a Pre 2 with Enyo? If not, do you plan on updating your other Pre app?
    bump
    any update to when the streamer stuff will work on a mac?
    ok, if you bought it on touchpad you have to purchase it on the pre3?

yes, you have to purchase the app for each platform. No cross device usage.

Hi David,

We can only transfer license from one device to another. However, if you would like to use it on multiple devices at the same time, you need to purchase a license for each. Where did you read that statement?

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Last edited by hpalmpad; 03/30/2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: ***UPDATE***
    Own/ed: Palm 650, 750, 755p Pre, Pixi, Plus, Pre 2 an Pre 3, 2 HP Touchpad's.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast