1.    #1  
    Hi

My Pre 3 is on its way and I am wondering what patches I should get because webOS 2.2.4 is far from perfect. Also, how much of a difference does ÜberKernel make?
    Totally depends. I actually ran it patch free for a while because one of the patches was causing it to crash. Never figured out which one it was, but I can't live without brightness in device menu, and today menu in top bar.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I ran mine stock for a little while, and I would receive the too many cards error from time to time. Also, I had the problem where apps refused to open. My alarm didn't go off in the morning that day, and I had to pull the battery because the power screen wouldn't show up. After installing uberkernel, I have had none of these problems. I've got a list of all the patches I've installed at the house. I'll post in a few hours when I get outta work.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I had a bunch of patches on it when I first got it, but I doctored it because I thought there was a conflict somewhere. It was just an issue with Facebook syncing contact photos. Turns out it wasn't a patch issue. I had these installed:

Add scrollbars to the browser
    Increase Touch sensitivity and smoothness
    Muffle System Logging
    Mojo FPS booster
    Battery Percent and Horizontal Icon

I'd say to also get JStop, and turn on auto gc. Also be sure to turn on notifications. My phone ran real smooth after that. Derek recommended the majority of those, and it definitely helped. Also downloaded Flashlight in Device Menu, Internalz, and Theme Manager, but those don't speed anything up. Just personal preferences.
    I have on my pre3 2.2.0 (with 2.2.4 wifi dont work fine) :
    patches : faster card animations hyper version - gsm 3g gps and brightness in device menu - muffle system logging - no video pause when minimized - quiet powered messages - removed dropped packet logging - unset cfq io scheduler -unthrottle download manager
    -kernel : uberkernel
    -application : EOM overlord monitoring , removed untrusted ssl cert, Jstp, govnah
    No crashes or significant issue to report
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    can anyone tell the most important patch for saving battery ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    For me.. not updating to 2.2.4.. downside is some patches do not work correctly..
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have no idea. I wish there was a patch for that. It's the weirdest thing. Some days, my battery will drain rediculously fast; others, I can get through an entire work day with 30% remaining. I have my email and contacts set to sync manually. I would recommend buying one of the Mugen batteries: http://www.webosnation.com/review-mu...l-battery-pre3

The 1400 mAh one is Touchstone compatible, and doesn't have the glare effect the 2800 mAh battery seems to give.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    The 1400 mAh one is Touchstone compatible, and doesn't have the glare effect the 2800 mAh battery seems to give.
    "Glare Affect"? What that is?

russ
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    "Glare Affect"? What that is?

russ
    The back cover from Mugen causes glare in the picture while using the flash when taking a picture.
    Is the area causing the glare glossy? Or is it just its angle that causes refraction?
    Maybe something can be pasted/taped to that area to minimize the problem. A soft, black fabric, for e.g.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    The back cover from Mugen causes glare in the picture while using the flash when taking a picture.
    Thanks for clarifying the "Glare Affect".

Considering I'm looking at using the 2800mAh battery for "emergency" while I'm on the road working ona project, I don't think that will affect my decision to get it.

Now for vacations... that's a different story!

Is the "window" further from the phone body than in the original?

russ
    It is not a patch, imo.

Its the combination of Uberkernel (or in my case A-1 Skyraider) and Govnah to control your CPU voltages.
    Battery Monitor and Dr. Battery will also assist in determining what savings, if any, are possible on your individual device.

Note: it is a trial and error process to determine the voltages that work best for YOUR device.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by njitipairote View Post
    Hi

My Pre 3 is on its way and I am wondering what patches I should get because webOS 2.2.4 is far from perfect. Also, how much of a difference does ÜberKernel make?
    On my device, the following patches had a positive effect:
    - disk cache mod
    - faster card animations hyper version
    - increase touch sensitivity and smoothness
    - mojo flick regulator
    - mojo fps booster
    - mojo smooth scrolling
    - mojo speedy switch
    - mojo tap responsiveness
    - quiet powerd messages
    - removed dropped packet logging
    - system control optimization
    - unthrottle download manager
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.