Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Does anybody else have the problem when you are on the phone and another person calls in which the phone disconnects from both people? This is driving me crazy, especially when I use my phone to be on conference calls for work. I'll be on the call and when somebody else calls me, I get disconnected from my conference call as well from the person who is calling.
    My Pre2 often switches me from the call I was on and connects me to the new caller. Unfortunately it doesn't warn me when this happens, so I may be talking to my boss Joe about Robert's contract, and suddenly instead of Joe being on the line, Robert is.

how exciting.
    not sure if its the pre 3, but I was told that right now CDMA networks like sprint and verizon wont allow 3 way calling and when you try to do so it will disconnect. I know my co worker has a iphone 4 on sprint and it does the exact same thing that you described, and shes thinking of just going to AT&T.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by putz21 View Post
    Does anybody else have the problem when you are on the phone and another person calls in which the phone disconnects from both people? This is driving me crazy, especially when I use my phone to be on conference calls for work. I'll be on the call and when somebody else calls me, I get disconnected from my conference call as well from the person who is calling.
    It's a CDMA limitation which is also why you will be disconnected from the internet if you take a call. That's why the rest of the world uses GSM.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    I see some assuming and mis-interpreting going on in this thread. He never mentioned the internet being disconnected or 3-way calls. Joining a conference call has nothing to do with 3-way calling - you just dial into a "bridge" and enter a conference id and you are joined with a bunch of other people -- all those lines are handled by the conference call system.

CDMA handles call waiting fine and supports two lines allowing you to switch back and forth between the two calls as many times as you like. The only limitation is you can't hang up on just one of the lines, you have to hang up both.

OP: can you be clear on one point: when that call comes in and you say it 'disconnects you from both people' what exactly do you mean? Do you mean you have two calls already connected and a third call disconnects those two, or you have one call active and take a second call and they both disconnect (or both the active and incoming call are disconnected without even answering the incoming call? - that's kind of what.it sounds like you are saying), or are you taking the incoming call, then just hitting end call to try to switch back to the first one and it hangs up both calls as I described above?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/20/2012 at 09:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I see some assuming and mis-interpreting going on in this thread. He never mentioned the internet being disconnected or 3-way calls. Joining a conference call has nothing to do with 3-way calling - you just dial into a "bridge" and enter a conference id and you are joined with a bunch of other people -- all those lines are handled by the conference call system.

CDMA handles call waiting fine and supports two lines allowing you to switch back and forth between the two calls as many times as you like. The only limitation is you can't hang up on just one of the lines, you have to hang up both.

OP: can you be clear on one point: when that call comes in and you say it 'disconnects you from both people' what exactly do you mean? Do you mean you have two calls already connected and a third call disconnects those two, or you have one call active and take a second call and they both disconnect (or both the active and incoming call are disconnected without even answering the incoming call? - that's kind of what.it sounds like you are saying), or are you taking the incoming call, then just hitting end call to try to switch back to the first one and it hangs up both calls as I described above?

Matt,

To help clarify: I will be on the phone with one person. A second call comes in and I pull the phone away from my ear to look at the caller ID to see who is calling. All of a sudden, my phone drops both calls and takes me to the call ended screen. I don't even take the second call or try switching back. It hangs up before I can even do this.

Thanks!
    That definitely shouldn't be happening.
    Do you have ant patches installed that affect the phone app? You may ultimately end up having to doctor the phone.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/20/2012 at 03:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Do you have ant patches installed that affect the phone app? You may ultimately end up having to doctor the phone.
    I don't think I have any patches that should affect this. Here are the patches I have:
    Ad Blocker
    Advanced System Behavior
    Advanced System Menus - Power Menu
    Date and Lower-case AM-PM Indicator
    Disk Cache Mod
    Immediately load high resolution
    Mojo Tap Responsiveness
    Muffle System Logging
    New Card Button
    No Missed Call Callback
    Private Browsing
    Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Unthrottle Download Manager
    my only pet pev about the pre minus and 2 that I've owned.....switching between calls always a hassle....mostly my fault but I blame sprint most of the time...

I learned to ignore the beep and just check the missed call after I hang up with my current call
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    My only other thought is maybe a proximity sensor issue. I know sometimes when I am not paying attention I can hit buttons with the side of my face.

GSM Pre 3, not having the OP's problem though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  11. vba
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by putz21 View Post
    Same problem occasionally (about 20% during call waitings).

HP Pre 3 German version 2.2.4