Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Folks, need your help here ... I have been monitoring battery drain on my Pre 3 for a week now using Battery Monitor app, both on my stock 1200 mAh battery as well as my Mugen 1400 mAh battery and I seem to getting some similar but alarming results on both, between 5 and 8% drain each hour in idle mode mostly, with some light usage (I.e. Some texting, one or two phonecalls, wifi switched off, 3 email accounts one of which is set to 'as emails arrive', v.light browsing). Seems a lot of drain for a device that's just tcking over on my desk? Is this standard or are folks experiencing less drain on average per hour?

    I have about 15 patches installed ... All the standard ones for turning off logging & performance, plus ubercalendar, mojo patches, advanced reset, faster card animation, google synch, gps in the menu, etc but no kernel patches, just stock palm default kernel.

    Am thinking of removing all patches to see if any of them are causing a problem, both battery health readings are good, stock is 96% and mugen is 100%.

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer2thefall View Post
    Folks, need your help here ... I have been monitoring battery drain on my Pre 3 for a week now using Battery Monitor app, both on my stock 1200 mAh battery as well as my Mugen 1400 mAh battery and I seem to getting some similar but alarming results on both, between 5 and 8% drain each hour in idle mode mostly, with some light usage (I.e. Some texting, one or two phonecalls, wifi switched off, 3 email accounts one of which is set to 'as emails arrive', v.light browsing). Seems a lot of drain for a device that's just tcking over on my desk? Is this standard or are folks experiencing less drain on average per hour?

    I have about 15 patches installed ... All the standard ones for turning off logging & performance, plus ubercalendar, mojo patches, advanced reset, faster card animation, google synch, gps in the menu, etc but no kernel patches, just stock palm default kernel.

    Am thinking of removing all patches to see if any of them are causing a problem, both battery health readings are good, stock is 96% and mugen is 100%.

    Thanks!
    Did you read any of the other posts from Pre3 users? This is actually fairly typical. The Pre3 is buggy and some processes are constantly burning CPU which results in a load average of 8.0+ and high batter drain.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3. #3  
    It is not standard for my at&t Pre 3 used on the at&t network. My Pre 3 uses one tenth battery consumption (on average one half of one percent per hour). Do you have good phone reception at work? If your phone is constantly searching for a signal, that will run the battery down quickly.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    Did you read any of the other posts from Pre3 users? This is actually fairly typical. The Pre3 is buggy and some processes are constantly burning CPU which results in a load average of 8.0+ and high batter drain.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Thanks, yeah I read a good few posts on this issue but nothing seemed conclusive so I have been constantly monitoring my own Pre 3 this last 7 days .. Loads seems to be constantly high around 8/9 ... Maybe I should doctor it back to latest stock SW version and see if any improvement results. Cheers.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pioneer2thefall View Post
    Thanks, yeah I read a good few posts on this issue but nothing seemed conclusive so I have been constantly monitoring my own Pre 3 this last 7 days .. Loads seems to be constantly high around 8/9 ... Maybe I should doctor it back to latest stock SW version and see if any improvement results. Cheers.
    I doubt it will help, I've tried everything, as have others.

    Are you using a GSM or CDMA device? What carrier?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by irwinr12 View Post
    I doubt it will help, I've tried everything, as have others.

    Are you using a GSM or CDMA device? What carrier?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Its a 3g/gsm device, I'm on Telefonica O2 in Ireland.
  7. #7  
    Its a 3g/gsm device, I'm on Telefonica O2 in Ireland.
    mine is CDMA on Verizon so I was just curious if there was any correlation there.


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  8. #8  
    Well, to me it happens once in a while, after some weeks of normal power drain. Up to now the solution has been a full restart...
    Personally I think the rogue process is linked to the wifi subsystem ( with some involvement of the bluetooth one, in a case... )

    What I'm sure is that some days ago, I turned off differently the bluetooth device I had connected (wifi was on), and next thing i found the battery at 5% in the morning ( after less than 6 hours ).
    The other few times it happened, it happened after turning off the wifi...

    So basically, either is the email client going crazy, or in those cases the wifi was in constant search and on even if shown as off....

Posting Permissions