Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    community,
    just want to let you know, that the volume keys stopped working on my german pre3.
    first the volume-down button denied to fire a command after a gentle press, now the other button does the same. so i am stuck to change volumes via software.

does anybody have similar issues? the phone was bought at media markt. the question is, if there is a chance of getting a replacement because i guess there won't be any?

schlurch
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Same.

AT&T Pre3.
    German Pre3 should have year warranty, conga t HP
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    My volume buttons have also stopped working... UK Pre3
    not nice to hear it.. but both of you should have full warranty coverage, so it should be a fixable nuisance.
    Let us know if there are rma issues...

btw... how much have you used those buttons ?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    a few days ago, after trying to slide open the Pre 3 whist it was on the mag induction Touchstone by pressing up/forward won the lower face of the screen and having a bit of strange "gritty" resistance, I immediately noticed that my volume buttons had stopped working. I assume something got "rubbed wrong" inside in the process of simply OPENING the stupid phone...(great design folks!) ... But I am also now stuck using the Sound app to adjust ringtone and media and system volume. Nuts. My phone is only three-four months old... And its my second Pre 3- the first getting a shattered screen when it slipped from my hand in the garage back in Feb. OK, I am now ready to get myself a nice Android when this puppy croaks. This build quality is ridiculous.
    __
    Michael Compeau
    Red Zen Marketing . posterous . com
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Been reading and hearing a lot about volume button issues and touchscreen issues. Mine did both, so I'm using a new Samsung Galaxy sIII. No problems with it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I had the same problem on this thread : Pre 3 volume flex cable broken by slider

If it's a European model I suggest sending an email to them.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Did anyone ever find if there is a place where we may buy the replacement flexcable? mine is trashed. and using touchvol is fine, but nothing replaces the ability to adjust volume without having to launch the app all the time, or unlock phone, to adjust the volume.

this is such a terrible design flaw.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    It should 'just work'!