Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I know there are a lot of threads on this topic, but I couldn't find anything on the basics.

I have a Pre 3, with Uberkernel installed. In the notes of Uberkernel, one of the updates states, "An addition to the standard ondemandtcl governor (known as ondemand-ng) to support screenstate frequency limiting functionality when the screen is off."

I'm assuming that means that the processor is used at the minimum when not in use, as I have noticed that I drop down to 122.88 MHz CPU when I leave the phone alone. However, when I go to advanced settings, I saw the option for "screenstate enable" is set to false. So now I'm more confused. Why is it false if it appears to be on?

Also, I was running "Uberkernel Default" for awhile, because it was the only one in the list that said Uberkernel...until I realized all the profiles were Uberkernel (duh). So I've been slowly moving up the list. I'm on the 1537 profile now. Anyone care to share their experiences with the higher ones on their Pre 3?

I know this stuff must seem simple to most, but the Pre 3 is my first webOS phone. Like I said, I've been combing through other threads before posting, but I couldn't find this specifically.
    If you click the profile name, then click advanced settings, then click CPU frequency, you'll see that all the default profiles have a provision to step the frequency down to 122 MHz when there's little demand. If screenstate is selected as the governor, then that--whether the screen is on or off--will determine whether CPU will rachet down, as opposed to demand per se.
    its handy as you can set the processor minimum to say 300mhz-ish minimum and 1.4ghz+ max, BUT also tell it for example to go lower than your regular minimum when the screen is off, to say the 100mhz range saving more power than usual.

handy for some that ramp their minimum up to higher levels to avoid initial lag/delays when coming out of sleep, they can still go lower when the screen is off.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm thinking, since its running just fine the way it is now, I'll leave screenstate alone.