1.    #1  
    Hey All,

I have a Pre 3, and something that I've noticed is that the emoticons in the messaging app are not scaled up for the larger resolution, and in turn are a little blurry and fuzzy.

Example time:

This is a Pre 2, the emoticons look clear and crisp on the screen.

This is a Pre 3, the emoticons are relatively blurry compared to the rest of the OS, and don't really fit.

This is a Pre 3 as well. I grabbed the larger emoticons (used in the touchpad), and scaled them down as when they are the standard size, they take up too much space. These look hideous.

Not the most important issue, but it would be awesome if they could be higher res.

Is there any way the emoticons from the touchpad (they seem higher res than the previous Palm Pre devices), are able to be ported to the Pre 3 without looking ugly or too large?

I'd like to know if either someone could do this?

THANKS!
    Last edited by Editor02; 03/11/2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Hey All,

I have a Pre 3, and something that I've noticed is that the emoticons in the messaging app are not scaled up for the larger resolution, and in turn are a little blurry and fuzzy.

Not the most important issue, but it would be awesome if they could be higher res.

Is there any way the emoticons from the touchpad (they seem higher res than the previous Palm Pre devices), are able to be ported to the Pre 3?

I'd like to know if either someone could do this, or someone is able to tell me where these emoticons are stored so I can do it myself.

THANKS!
    There are emoticons in the following 2 directories:

/usr/palm/emoticons-1.5x
    /usr/palm/emoticons

I hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrwolff View Post
    There are emoticons in the following 2 directories:

/usr/palm/emoticons-1.5x
    /usr/palm/emoticons

I hope this helps.
    LEGEND! Thanks.

Can the process to make these Pre 3 icons into higher res be turned into a patch by some genius webOS master?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  4.    #4  
    Can anyone recommend a solution? The touchpad has the same icons as the Pre 3.

The issue is that the Pre 3 emoticons don't have enough pixel density like the screen does :/
    Did u try a google search? I wonder if someone has a few free ones you can download.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Did u try a google search? I wonder if someone has a few free ones you can download.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Nah, I was hoping for the same icons (webOS), but the available ones are either too small and blurry, or too large.

The Touchpad icons (shown in the keyboard) are 36x36 pixels. When placed on the Pre 3 the icons just take up a lot of space. Scaling the large icons down to the Pre 3 size of 24x24 doesn't seem to work as they are still not hi-res enough, and any larger I make them will just take up more space.

I need to fit 36x36 pixel emoticons in the smaller space :/