Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
Like Tree7Likes
  1. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just ordered a Pre 3 from Amazon, couldn't bear the thought of using iOS or Spydroid even though I'm eligible for a much cheaper upgrade than the pre 3. Hopefully the phone will last 2 yrs and by then open webOS will hopefully have new hardware to run on.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    dadueler and treodoc755 like this.
  2. Xeron's Avatar
    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    #2  
    not crazy at all; welcome to the pre 3 owners club!
    dadueler likes this.
  3. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #3  
    Not crazy, just taking the best of bad alternatives. I was in the same boat when HP decided to discontinue phones and AT&T decided not to carry the Pre3. I figured I would use my Pre+ until it died and then pick some platform I really didn't want. I was quick to grab a Pre3 when they hit the secondary market and I hope it will last for a while. Either there will be an open source webOS device or I'll be stuck getting with another platform. Either way, I am pleased to be using the Pre3 for now!
  4. #4  
    By deductive reasoning, and based on the choices available.......what.


    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
       #5  
    Can I just remove the sim from my Pre plus ( AT& T) and insert it into the new phone or do I have to get a new card from AT& T?
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  6. EvanKr's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Can I just remove the sim from my Pre plus ( AT& T) and insert it into the new phone or do I have to get a new card from AT& T?
    I don't see why not, the Pre Plus and Pre3 both use full sized SIM card slots.
  7. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
       #7  
    Isn't the Pre 3 4g? If so would the old sim card be compatible with that?
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  8. #8  
    Old SIM is compatible, you will need to either call or possibly go into an AT&T store so they can add the provisioning to the account. Should be quick and easy, but some folks have had some problems with some CS reps. Should be no changes to your actual plan though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    bevcraw likes this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Old SIM is compatible, you will need to either call or possibly go into an AT&T store so they can add the provisioning to the account. Should be quick and easy, but some folks have had some problems with some CS reps. Should be no changes to your actual plan though.
    you sure cause I just purchased my ATT Hp Pre 3 two weeks ago, and I was using a samsung galaxy SII and just took out the old sim and put in the new one and it works no problem. I also get 4G speeds everywhere and is noticable faster then the SII or the Iphone 4s i had.
  10. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    #10  
    Not at all! In fact, what you get from Amazon will be cheaper than what I paid for one on eBay back in September... And I totally think what I did was worth it!
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  11. Sylo's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Isn't the Pre 3 4g? If so would the old sim card be compatible with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Old SIM is compatible, you will need to either call or possibly go into an AT&T store so they can add the provisioning to the account. Should be quick and easy, but some folks have had some problems with some CS reps. Should be no changes to your actual plan though.
    I had a sim from my old iPhone 3GS. I had to call to get 4G activated, but I was told I also had to get a 4G compatible sim card to access 4G. Don't know how true that was, but it wasn't an issue to do that. The 800 # said that the real AT&T stores will swap out your sim card for free, but the authorized resellers might charge a fee.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    I had a sim from my old iPhone 3GS. I had to call to get 4G activated, but I was told I also had to get a 4G compatible sim card to access 4G. Don't know how true that was, but it wasn't an issue to do that. The 800 # said that the real AT&T stores will swap out your sim card for free, but the authorized resellers might charge a fee.
    I have heard people get told both, in the end I believe it is an issue of various levels of knowledge and experience on the AT&T CS side.

    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    you sure cause I just purchased my ATT Hp Pre 3 two weeks ago, and I was using a samsung galaxy SII and just took out the old sim and put in the new one and it works no problem. I also get 4G speeds everywhere and is noticable faster then the SII or the Iphone 4s i had.
    SII is a "4G" phone though, so your original SIM should have been setup for "4G". I didn't have to call ATT either going from Veer (SIM shipped with Veers) to Pre3.

    As was said above, if you have any issues, and ATT store should swap the SIM out. I have heard of at least 1 or 2 people doing that after getting nowhere with phone CS. It wasn't worth the hassle when the SIM swap cost nothing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    #13  
    My SIM card swapped fine from my Pre+ to Pre3. I called AT&T and had the account provisioned for 4G. No change in plan. I was concerned they would fine someway to drop my grandfathered unlimited data plan, but the CS Rep. was very careful to make sure that did not happen.
  14. #14  
    No crazier than the nearly 500 other webOS lovers in here that are loving their Pre 3s

    How many Pre3 do we own?
    carldc and treodoc755 like this.
  15. #15  
    So can pre3 work on a network like simple mobil?
  16. #16  
    It's not to late to make this a poll.
    You plug your phone in?
    bluenote likes this.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Just ordered a Pre 3 from Amazon, couldn't bear the thought of using iOS or Spydroid even though I'm eligible for a much cheaper upgrade than the pre 3. Hopefully the phone will last 2 yrs and by then open webOS will hopefully have new hardware to run on.
    My experience with Android has been less then stellar and almost brought my Droid Bionic to its knees. Either way, I'm back in business running ICS on my Droid, but no thanks to Motorola and everyone else who talks about ICS coming one day.

    I think you made the perfect decision. BTW, what did you pay? Just curious and may start looking for option myself. Sorli...
  18. #18  
    Smart move and welcome to the Pre 3 club. I've had mine for less than a week and I'm very satisfied. Like you I'm hoping this will last 2 years until, I hope, a new webos phone will come out.
    PDA History:

    Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

    Touchpad
  19. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    My experience with Android has been less then stellar and almost brought my Droid Bionic to its knees. Either way, I'm back in business running ICS on my Droid, but no thanks to Motorola and everyone else who talks about ICS coming one day.

    I think you made the perfect decision. BTW, what did you pay? Just curious and may start looking for option myself. Sorli...
    Bought it from here. It's almost the same as or cheaper than ebay with the assurance of Amazon.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  20. #20  
    Congratulation.

    The Pre3 is a very nice phone. You can OC'd it to 1.9 Ghz. I OC'd mine to 1.7 Ghz and it doesn't have any lag.

    You may want to enable 'airplane mode' on your Pre+ before activating your Pre3 so your Pre+ won't be wiped.

    Good Luck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions