Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So can pre3 work on a network like simple mobil?
    I know there are some folks running on Red Pocket Mobile (no personal experience), I also know some folks run on ATT prepaid, there are also a couple other off contract options. Also depends on your data/SMS/MMS/minute needs.

We aren't doing bad on our contract ATT plan, with various webOS devices, price wise but have a ton of rollover minutes. Wouldn't complain about more data, less minutes, and we could be cheaper if I didn't NEED unlimited SMS/MMS
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Bought it from here. It's almost the same as or cheaper than ebay with the assurance of Amazon.
    Is this the ATT version or Verizon?
    you're not crazy if buying a Pre 3 will make you happy. If it will not you're still probably not crazy but merely a poor decision maker. But if a pre 3 makes you happy just enjoy it.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Unfortunately for me there is no such thing as a WebOS device for T-Mobile. But at least the AT&T merger didn't happen.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    you sure cause I just purchased my ATT Hp Pre 3 two weeks ago, and I was using a samsung galaxy SII and just took out the old sim and put in the new one and it works no problem. I also get 4G speeds everywhere and is noticable faster then the SII or the Iphone 4s i had.
    I moved the sim from my Pre 2 to my Pre 3 and had immediate service. But, as others have said, I had to call AT&T for provisioning to access faux-G speed.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloBigwater View Post
    Is this the ATT version or Verizon?
    ATT
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I moved the sim from my Pre 2 to my Pre 3 and had immediate service. But, as others have said, I had to call AT&T for provisioning to access faux-G speed.
    Same here. Greatly impressed with the Pre3 very glad I bought it, webOS rocks on great hardware! Lived up to all my expectations especially bluetooth compatibility with BMW which was why I was initially hesitant. The Pre 3 has the messaging protocol but BMW doesn't seem to support it for the Pre3.
    Speakers have improved, screen is also a lot better not quite retina but very good.
    My only annoyance is that my profile was automatically restored from HP rather than Palm so I lost my last 9 months of contacts, memos and voogle app that were on my Pre+. I would have thought I'd be offered a choice but maybe the palm servers no longer exist.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Unfortunately for me there is no such thing as a WebOS device for T-Mobile. But at least the AT&T merger didn't happen.
    See this: T-Mobile announces LTE, prepares to take the US wireless market by storm | ExtremeTech

Pre and Pixi will work on T-Mobile at 3G/4G this year.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Just ordered a Pre 3 from Amazon, couldn't bear the thought of using iOS or Spydroid even though I'm eligible for a much cheaper upgrade than the pre 3. Hopefully the phone will last 2 yrs and by then open webOS will hopefully have new hardware to run on.
    Did the same exact thing. My dad thinks I'm an ***** for dropping $400 for this phone, (my contract is ending soon, had a launch day Pre- for almost 3 years now). I hated the ***** of having to switch to iOS or Android. If getting a Pre 3 was impossible, I would've probably went with Windows Phone. But as of right now, it was probably the best investment I've made in a while.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12