1.    #1  
    I am thinking about a Pre 3 after my faithful Pre 2 fell and the WiFi stopped working.

In my home country, we have the European Frequencies implemented; therefore, we use the 2100MHz for the 3G. I will be going to the states regularly soon and I will go back and forth between the states and my home country. I was thinking that the UK Pre 3 will suffice as it is quad. But, I read somewhere that all frequencies of the 3G of the USA are used by AT&T and they differ between states.

To which extent can I trust such statement.

European Frequencies: 900 / 1900 / 2100
    North America Frequencies: 850 / 1900 / 2100

Is that 850 really THAT important. I know it might be used in 4G and so is the 900 in my home country .... Meh, decisions, decisions ...

Regards,
    The lower 850 - 900 band is practically used in the countryside, so as long as you're mainly in a big city, you should not feel noticeable differences with 3G usage

( anyway better to wait further confirmations )
    My USA 16gb Pre3 works really well in the UK , had no issues with 3G , I'd say it has better reception than the UK Samsung Galaxy S2 I used to have
    I'd say go for it :-)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    The lower 850 - 900 band is practically used in the countryside, so as long as you're mainly in a big city, you should not feel noticeable differences with 3G usage

( anyway better to wait further confirmations )
    Someone said that if I don't have these frequencies, I won't have the full AT&T 3G+(?) speed. My point is, are these lower frequencies used in some kind of interleaving technique to produce higher speed?

Quote Originally Posted by mattmayatt View Post
    My USA 16gb Pre3 works really well in the UK , had no issues with 3G , I'd say it has better reception than the UK Samsung Galaxy S2 I used to have
    I'd say go for it :-)
    I was thinking about the AT&T one as it has 16GB, however, I was put off by these facts:
    1)I hate branding
    2)Software updates could stop as AT&T stopped the mobile, need confirmation on this.
    3)The lower frequencies could be used to enhance 3G to 3G+ or 4G. I would love to keep the higher speeds in my home and enjoy normal 7.2Mbps 3G in USA.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Regards,
    I've used Vodafone in The Netherlands (where I live) and worked perfectly with the Pre 3. Yesterday, I switched to T-Mobile and also works perfectly (T-Mobile uses the 1800 MHz in The Netherlands so no problems with using 3G).