1.    #1  
    Help !!.

My ATT Pre 3 stopped working all of a sudden. It was not dropped and no visible body damage or defects.

The following are the symptoms:

• No activity when connected to the corded charger (initially thought it was because of no battery juice)
      Tried to use the wireless charger, same thing with the only difference being that the back/battery gets warmer
      My PC will not recognize it when connected to the USB connector
      Webosdoctor will not recognize it either
      Tried various suggested key combinations needed to soft or hard reset and nothing happened

Is there anybody else with similar experience? Any suggestion on what may be going on? My obvious guess is rare hardware failure.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boopre View Post
    Help !!.

My ATT Pre 3 stopped working all of a sudden. It was not dropped and no visible body damage or defects.

The following are the symptoms:

• No activity when connected to the corded charger (initially thought it was because of no battery juice)
      Tried to use the wireless charger, same thing with the only difference being that the back/battery gets warmer
      My PC will not recognize it when connected to the USB connector
      Webosdoctor will not recognize it either
      Tried various suggested key combinations needed to soft or hard reset and nothing happened

Is there anybody else with similar experience? Any suggestion on what may be going on? My obvious guess is rare hardware failure.
    What happens when you remove the battery and then plug it with the usb cable to the computer? Does then the battery image with the question mark appear?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by getsun View Post
    What happens when you remove the battery and then plug it with the usb cable to the computer? Does then the battery image with the question mark appear?
    Nothing happened when I plug it with the usb cable without the battery. No response, no battery image, no recognition of the phone.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boopre View Post
    Nothing happened when I plug it with the usb cable without the battery. No response, no battery image, no recognition of the phone.
    This is scary. It's why many of us have purchased a second one as a backup. Good luck. I sincerely hope this gets fixed promptly.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    get a different USB cable and plug ur phone to charge over night and then if it still will not turn on ,try this, holding the volume up button plug your phone into computer .it a big USB symbol comes up its good . Just remove and replace battery to boot up .message me if it doesn't work it could be a bad battery also try more than one USB plug too.
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 03/06/2012 at 05:56 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    get a different USB cable and plug ur phone to charge over night and then if it still will not turn on ,try this, holding the volume up button plug your phone into computer .it a big USB symbol comes up its good . Just remove and replace battery to boot up .message me if it doesn't work it could be a bad battery also try more than one USB plug too.
    Tried different USB cables, same issue. Holding volume up button did not have any effect.