Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    No regrets.

I even bought a second one (both from ebay) just to make sure I'll have a backup if the first one gets damaged somehow.

It's not perfect - but neither is any of the alternatives - and I prefer the flaws of the Pre3 with webos over the flaws of the others phones/platforms.

Just sad that there won't be a Pre4 and that I'll be forced to put webos on an Android phone in a couple of years (which then won't have a dedicated gesture area - sigh).
    OTOH I'm very much looking forward to the fully open sourced webos.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    No regrets.

I even bought a second one (both from ebay) just to make sure I'll have a backup if the first one gets damaged somehow.

It's not perfect - but neither is any of the alternatives - and I prefer the flaws of the Pre3 with webos over the flaws of the others phones/platforms.

Just sad that there won't be a Pre4 and that I'll be forced to put webos on an Android phone in a couple of years (which then won't have a dedicated gesture area - sigh).
    OTOH I'm very much looking forward to the fully open sourced webos.
    I feel you on that, but theres always hope for webos. If they can get some of androids market, with the open source notion and push behind HP (which they need webos since everything is going mobile) other OEMs will start looking at webos again believe me. So I myself think Webos will have a future in smartphones with other companys like HTC and Samsung starting to adopt it and make a few devices for it, sooner then later at that.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I feel you on that, but theres always hope for webos. If they can get some of androids market, with the open source notion and push behind HP (which they need webos since everything is going mobile) other OEMs will start looking at webos again believe me. So I myself think Webos will have a future in smartphones with other companys like HTC and Samsung starting to adopt it and make a few devices for it, sooner then later at that.
    Wow how did I miss the bank of America app! Well I know my tax refund can't come soon enough.
    Less than 24 hours ago, I switched from an HTC Evo 3D on Sprint to a Pre 3 on ATT that I bought new on eBay.

Nice phone. I know it is only a few hours, but so far no regrets. I like the UI of webOS way better than Android. The apps seem a bit frozen in time, but there are so many good mobile websites that the browser really makes up for it.
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Not at all. I am very dependent on exchange email and the samsung SGSII that I had was very unreliable in this regarding corporate email. It would stop syncing at the worst possible times. It nearly cost me a client. The Pre3 is outstanding regarding mail. I never miss any messages. Also, the pre3 has great outdoor display visibility. I do miss playing cut the rope and the newest angry birds... but my business is much more important than games.
    I've mine since december, and no regrets at all... the only thing that I find annoying is that sometimes the battery goes down quickly while not being used ( this happens since 2.2.4 ), like this morning... and after things go back to a normal battery drain for weeks.

Ah yes, the camera could have a lot more of controls and options. As it is, is worse than my older 3.2Mp camera included in the samsung phone (not smartphone) I was using before
    Absolutely no regret. Used Pre 3 from Oct 2011 and now Pre 3 is my primary phone & Desire Z is secondary which is just for Whatsapp and games!

There are much fewer apps than Android & iOS but most of the mobile sites fulfil my needs. For me, functions which are not replaceable in other OSs are:

1. JustType: SO fast! It's better than Siri in some quiet occasions.
    2. Notifications: If I can close individual notifications (like webOS 3.x in TouchPad) that would be perfect. But it's still far better than Android & iOS.
    3. Quick Launch: It's very useful for me (but I think not for many others). I often need to switch between SMS & Schedule. It's so convenient to use, especially with the next functions...
    4. Gesture: iOS need to Jailbreak for gesture, Android got a back key for all devices, but webOS can have back, forward & switch apps!

I like Pre 3 so much, it performs even better than in TouchPad (Gesture area, hardware keyboard, size & weight). Hope more manufacturers would choose Open webOS as the mobile phone OS after September.
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Ah yes, the camera could have a lot more of controls and options. As it is, is worse than my older 3.2Mp camera included in the samsung phone (not smartphone) I was using before
    Really? My Pre3 camera is awesome, pics look great (better than all other webOS phones). Then again usually if I am grabbing my phone it is because what I am shooting doesn't need to be super high quality.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Only regret would be not buying a second one as spare when the price was dipping to $150 or so at some point last year.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Really? My Pre3 camera is awesome, pics look great (better than all other webOS phones). Then again usually if I am grabbing my phone it is because what I am shooting doesn't need to be super high quality.
    Ya pre 3 got micro zoom !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    yep, really... of all the phones I've had ( with a camera inside ), this one is probably the worse as quality and functions... and I'm comparing against 5mp at most, to be fair.

Previous phone is a normal samsung u700 , guess 4 years old, and 3.2mp camera. The pics are better by light years, the flash usage is better, there's a zoom, you can decide the dimension of the pic, and etc...
    Now, I don't rely on a phone to take pics, but in a decent phone I would expect a decent camera or at least a decent camera sw with enough options.

Now, as I said I've absolutely no regrets taking the pre3.. actually I like it a lot. But the camera and the sw controlling it is the crappest thing I've ever got my hands on, and seriously are an absurdity in a device of this class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Ya pre 3 got micro zoom !!!!
    ed zachary

Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    yep, really... of all the phones I've had ( with a camera inside ), this one is probably the worse as quality and functions... and I'm comparing against 5mp at most, to be fair.

Previous phone is a normal samsung u700 , guess 4 years old, and 3.2mp camera. The pics are better by light years, the flash usage is better, there's a zoom, you can decide the dimension of the pic, and etc...
    Now, I don't rely on a phone to take pics, but in a decent phone I would expect a decent camera or at least a decent camera sw with enough options.

Now, as I said I've absolutely no regrets taking the pre3.. actually I like it a lot. But the camera and the sw controlling it is the crappest thing I've ever got my hands on, and seriously are an absurdity in a device of this class.
    Just curious, do you hear your zoom working? I know of at least 2 people that have had their Pre3 camera malfunction in some way that required replacing for proper function.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yep, I do hear the sound of the zoom :P
    But it's not that it's a zoom that it's zooming a lot ( oh, my old high school teacher would give me a very bad vote for this phrase... ), it's just a microfocus .....
    sorry meant focus
    :P well ok, by the sound out if yes, it's working
    Back to the original post, for Dr Podder downloads, the Unthrottle Download Manager patch makes a world of difference, no complaints on speed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I hate the slides... for just only two days, it getting loose...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I thought it was to top heavy and akward to hold when trying to type, not to mention phone felt loose and had some movement when slid open and made a clank sound every time i swiped the gesture area. Also thought I was going to break it when trying to take off back cover. Other than that the phone was awesome, but was enough to not keep it, I like my Pre 2 way way better.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I tried following the link to the mobile banking app that was posted earlier at https://developer.palm.com/appredire....mobilebanking

It says it's not available anyone else running into that problem or is it just me?

So do most people have any complaints about build quality. I heard the Pre2 had better build quality but I still think it feels a little creaky and loose when closed as well as a little wiggly when open. Does the Pre 3 share any of these problems?
    No complaints about the build quality here. I find it rock solid and am very happy with it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast