Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Dang it. After reading this thread i want a Pre3 now.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Go for it! There's still some on eBay (and the prices have dropped a bit recently) and even a couple on Amazon. You wont regret it.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Thanks guts glad to know that I wasn't doing anything wrong with Dr podder. Waiting for that tax refund and maybe I will take the plunge. I always thought it had a great screen size. Glad to hear good things about the build quality too, sucks not being able to hold one first. Course if I did I'd probably buy it on the spot

Now if only we'd get some google+ apis. That would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by modelnet View Post
    I spent a hour yesterday trying to get a ringtone on my ex (yes we all have issues lol) wifes ios 4s . I know that's not a issue in android but after usin
    g the iPhone for a hour the only thought I had was, what the hell I mean is anyone in hp hardware who worked on webOS mobile who has
    not gone nuts in frustration of having the greatest mobile device and no one could see it.
    i think many employees were using the iphone instead of the pre's...
    I agree with everyone in this thread, I've had my at&t Pre 3 since October and I love it. I am on the at&t 45O min talk plan with unlimited text, sms, and mobile to mobile with 2GB of data (I never even go over 1GB so I never worry about it anymore) and it only costs me 5 dollars more a month than the new Sprint plan. I love my Pre 3, it is a much better form factor than the smaller Pre, Pre 2, the keyboard is much easier to use and I also like the larger screen and it feels much better in my hand. The faux 4G is much faster than Sprints 3G that I was using with my Palm Pre and so far so good, no issues with my phone, a solid well built phone. If you want to stay with webOS, the Pre 3 is the way to go IMO.
    rayraypre likes this.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I agree with everyone in this thread, I've had my at&t Pre 3 since October and I love it. I am on the at&t 45O min talk plan with unlimited text, sms, and mobile to mobile with 2GB of data (I never even go over 1GB so I never worry about it anymore) and it only costs me 5 dollars more a month than the new Sprint plan. I love my Pre 3, it is a much better form factor than the smaller Pre, Pre 2, the keyboard is much easier to use and I also like the larger screen and it feels much better in my hand. The faux 4G is much faster than Sprints 3G that I was using with my Palm Pre and so far so good, no issues with my phone, a solid well built phone. If you want to stay with webOS, the Pre 3 is the way to go IMO.
    Thanks for the info.
    I will switch soon. I am finding it hard to leave Sprint for the cheaper family plan. The clock is ticking though. My T mobile Pre3 is okay with the EDGE speeds. I guess the faux 4G is actually fast enough to match low end of LTE.
    I owe my Pre3 since October 2011 and still like it a lot.
    However I fear that since there are no updates released anymore the phone soon will loose its attraction. I also noticed that the webbrowser is getting absolete. and can't keep up with the latest mobile website developments..
    So even though it's still a smart concept, the fact that the device isn't officially supported (anymore) by HP makes me fear that it has a very limited life span. I hope the homebrewers will keep it alive for a while though...
    Pre 3 = awsome, unicorn, appeals both to geeks and ordinary people. Hey, a couple of days ago one tech guy saw me fiddling with cards for some seconds, and said "that looks powerful".
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by romeytang View Post
    I have been considering the Pre3 for quite a while now. I like the idea of a the slide out portrait keyboard. I really miss using webOS but switching from Sprint has me kind of nervous.

I can't decide how much I will miss the apps that I use on my Nexus S right now. Ive been disappointed with the podcast experience with Dr. Podder when I last was using webOS last, not sure if that was my fault or the apps fault. Podcast listening is a big part of my day so an unhappy experience causes me to carry around two devices, which I'd rather not do. Anyone have issues or is it just me?

Does anyone who uses the Pre have issues with it I should be aware of? What about AT&T are they as bad as I hear?

I ask cause I usually end up swapping devices frequently now. Will I still feel that way with the Pre?

Thanks for any advise guys.
    I too was nervous to switch. I went with a verizon pre3 and couldn't be happier. The service and customer service is an order of magnatude better. The 3G is twice as fast. With openmobile working on an android app solution, what is there to lose?

On a side note, Sprint made leaving a nightmare. I had to have an airave just to get service at my house (no such device necessary on vzw). After switching (had been a Sprint customer since they offered service in Dallas) I sent back the airave.. Two months later, I got a bill for it. It took 3 months to get it resolved. They even sent it to collections a day after I was guaranteed by a manager it would not go. Good times.
    I am stuck on Sprint both because I have 5 lines (including mine) and because my wallet won't allow me to pay the AT&T prices.

So I use an iPhone on Sprint because I really dislike Android's fragmentation problem. (by the way, the iOS sucks compared to webOS)

But I did buy me an AT&T Pre3 just because I wanted one and couldn't hold back from getting it!!

The Pre3 is the best webOS phone yet! I would trade the iPhone to the Pre3 any day!! The amount of apps is pretty much the only thing I like about the iPhone.
    man now you people have me cruising Ebay again

seriously if I could get the the pre3 working on sprint I would pay double the going rate
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by skat_et_dieu View Post
    I am stuck on Sprint both because I have 5 lines (including mine) and because my wallet won't allow me to pay the AT&T prices.

So I use an iPhone on Sprint because I really dislike Android's fragmentation problem. (by the way, the iOS sucks compared to webOS)

But I did buy me an AT&T Pre3 just because I wanted one and couldn't hold back from getting it!!

The Pre3 is the best webOS phone yet! I would trade the iPhone to the Pre3 any day!! The amount of apps is pretty much the only thing I like about the iPhone.
    do you have a 5 line family plan or just 5 SERO lines?
    Ok, i am confused. I thought Verizon (USA) doesnt support a Pre3.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I am so close to pulling the trigger after reading about the solution to get android apps on webOS. They only app I really think I would miss from my Android is the Bank of America app. But with an android emulation layer of sorts on the way things could get interesting soon, especially on the tablet front.

Now to convince the other people on my family plan to take my Sprint plan over. They give me crap for changing phones so much def not helping my case.
    @romeytang - no need to miss the Bank of America app, that's actually one we have on webOS (I have it on my phone).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    If you like my patches or have found them to be helpful to you, please consider donating here for the time I put into making them.
    - All my programming is done in my spare time, so any donations help motivate me to spend more of my limited time on webOS.
    Switched over to att for the pre3 since October and never looked back. My wife has an iPhone 4s. The only thing I like about it is the camera. Quality is really good. I have photography as a hobby.

I have a Touchpad with alpha 2 ICS on it.

My pre3 will last me until something concrete and tangible happens to webos.

For those people who love webos, the pre3 is certainly a must have. But for those who are dabbling in the webos arena for the first time, its a good phone to start with but I think the lack of apps and support might make them feel buyers remorse after the honeymoon period.

To directly answer the OP's question, NO, I have no regrets :-) it just reaffirmed me that webos is still the Best OS:-)
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Vistaus likes this.
    Unless another carrier offers free navigation, I'm stuck with Sprint. I mean, unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited internet, and free navigation for less than $70 a month? No one comes close.

I'd love to get me a Pre3 and 4G, but unless I can get all three on another carrier, I'm staying put.

Can anyone say otherwise?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by romeytang View Post
    I am so close to pulling the trigger after reading about the solution to get android apps on webOS. They only app I really think I would miss from my Android is the Bank of America app. But with an android emulation layer of sorts on the way things could get interesting soon, especially on the tablet front.

Now to convince the other people on my family plan to take my Sprint plan over. They give me crap for changing phones so much def not helping my case.
    You're in luck...
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire....mobilebanking

In the App Catalog, search for "Mobile Banking".
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I actually was on sprint for 10 plus years, and have recently switched to AT&T for the Pre 3 in paticular. Coming for the Galaxy SII, and HTC Arrive then recently the Iphone 4 S let me say this to everyone the Pre 3 and Webos run circles around all major OS's on the market. I have all the basic apps I need, and the Phone is about twice as fast as the iphone 4s. Again if you can get one, as well as it runs on AT&Ts hspa+ network do it im very happy im back with Webos again.
    No regrets at all, not even having to pay out a second 9-month contract for it.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Vistaus likes this.
    None at all. In fact, my biggest problem is trying to decide whether to purchase one of the last remaining Pre 3 online as backup if and when my current Pre 3 dies and no new webOS phones are in the market.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast