Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PalmPixi_User23
  1.    #1  
    how to enable smilies and icons on messaging?
    Press the square button and space bar and you should have a bunch of emoticons pop up.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Press the square button and space bar and you should have a bunch of emoticons pop up.
    thanks a lot
    how to on touchpad?
    I haven't really seen a lot of smileys on the TouchPad except for when you press the symbol button , there's a few that pop up, but not very many.

The messaging app renders them as smileys and not ascii text.
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/02/2012 at 05:34 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    I haven't really seen a lot of smileys on the touchpad except for when you press the symbol button, there's a few that pop up, but not very many.

The messaging app renders them as smileys and not ascii text.
    thanks again
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Best tip ever!!! Have owned webos devices since the original Pre, and just an houer ago I pressed sqare button and space by accident I almost feel of the chair. A popup with emicons!!

Tryed to recreate the mistake to no avil, then i found your post THANKS!!
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Lol classic, I didn't know this either! Nice :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    O the flip side, whenever I get a smiley face from an iphone it renders it as a rectangle
    wow!
    Been on PalmOS since 2007 and on webOS since 2010 and up until about 30 seconds I know this!!!

Man! And the simplicity and ease with which Sledge007 writes it seems that this is a generally known thing on webOS user (like the quick menu launch wave access for instance)!!! Makes me feel dumber than dumb.
    Also, make me fall in love a little more with webOS -real- smartphone.

Thanks very much!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    wow!
    Been on PalmOS since 2007 and on webOS since 2010 and up until about 30 seconds I know this!!!

Man! And the simplicity and ease with which Sledge007 writes it seems that this is a generally known thing on webOS user (like the quick menu launch wave access for instance)!!! Makes me feel dumber than dumb.
    Also, make me fall in love a little more with webOS -real- smartphone.

Thanks very much!!!
    Don't. I've been on a pre since day 1 and was not aware. I don't think i was. I do forget stuff.
    So at the least, thanks for the reminder!
    I did it several times accidentally before I finally figured out how I was doing it. :-O
    Quote Originally Posted by bahram View Post
    how to enable smilies and icons on messaging?
    Users of Webos can also enable emoticons on the messaging application or in the browser(if the format supports it)by simply pressing the symbol button on the phones keyboard also you may type it too. I found this helpful tip guide on the palm old support forums, which lets users see what smileys the old Pre supports.....

Palm Support : Use emoticons in a message
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    MikeN68 likes this.