1.    #1  
    Hello,

The Pre3 webbrowser is really getting behind now..
    Since yesterday two mobile sites of major newspapers in the Netherlands, m.ad.nl and m.vk.nl, upgraded to new techniques that the web2.2.4 browser can't handle and don't work anymore on my Pre3. When scrolling down, the pages automaticly flip back to the top all the time, so you can't read the content. This is very annoying..

Of course we all know that the Pre3 is not getting any more updates, basically it is dead and the new webOS developments will likely only support webOS 3.0 (TP). No 'Isis' browser for the Pre3 I fear..

Still I hope that some homebrewer(s) will be able to patch the old web browser 2.2.4, otherwise surfing with the Pre3 will be painful in the near future, since more web designers make use of these new techniques required by iPhone and Galaxy users... Unbelievable that the best smartphone there is dropped far back...
    So sad.... :-(
    Last edited by apeka53; 02/29/2012 at 03:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    isis is coming...
  3.    #3  
    I've read Isis would only become available for webOS 3.x (TP)..
    Quote Originally Posted by apeka53 View Post
    Hello,

The Pre3 webbrowser is really getting behind now..
    Since yesterday two mobile sites of major newspapers in the Netherlands, m.ad.nl and m.vk.nl, upgraded to new techniques that the web2.2.4 browser can't handle and don't work anymore on my Pre3. When scrolling down, the pages automaticly flip back to the top all the time, so you can't read the content. This is very annoying..

Of course we all know that the Pre3 is not getting any more updates, basically it is dead and the new webOS developments will likely only support webOS 3.0 (TP). No 'Isis' browser for the Pre3 I fear..

Still I hope that some homebrewer(s) will be able to patch the old web browser 2.2.4, otherwise surfing with the Pre3 will be painful in the near future, since more web designers make use of these new techniques required by iPhone and Galaxy users... Unbelievable that the best smartphone there is dropped far back...
    So sad.... :-(
    I have the exact same problem with those two sites, which I used to visit often. Any idea what the "new technique" is (haven't peeked at the source yet)?

Rob
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    The Verge's site does this all the time too. Very annoying. I've started using Offine Browser to get around it.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  6.    #6  
    @Rob
    According to a member of palmclub.nl, the problem apparently has to do with the way these websites forces scrolling. The 2.2.4 web browser can't handle this correctly For better understanding look here
    (This is in Dutch, so excuse to those who can't understand this..)
    No problems here. It does flip back to the top sometimes, but that's only sometimes. It doesn't happen all the time here. I'm from The Netherlands too and I have a Pre 3 also.
  8.    #8  
    @Vistaus: Do you have javascript disabled in the browser? Both m.ad.nl and m.vk.nl will work when you disable javascript, the pages won't flip back, but then the site isn't fully functional.. Other sites like m.nos.nl don't work at all when javascript is disabled.
    If you also have javascript enabled, it's strange when these sites will display well on your Pre3 and not on mine...
    My browser settings are as follows:
    Block Popups Yes
    Accept Cookies Yes
    JavaScript Off
    Enable Flash Content On
    Autoload Flash Content Off
    My browser settings are the same as yours, but I do have Javascript enabled. Weird indeed that it works almost fine here and not and not with yours o_o
    Good news: the mentioned sites work fine if you disable Javascript in the browser preferences.