1.    #1  
    I first got a Pre 3 on UK launch day, however I could not justify the price of the contract and promptly returned it.

Now the prices have come down I bagged my self one on eBay this morning. I already have a TouchPad and was a previous Pre- owner so I know what I'm getting. Also, I can't bloody wait to get rid of this Omnia 7. Windows Phone 7 is hands down the worst mobile OS I have ever used.

I was just wondering what kind of homebrew is out and about for the Pre 3. There seemed to be next to nothing last time I had one. Has anything changed?

Are there any 'must do's' that will make my Pre 3 harder/better/faster/stronger etc?

Can it be overclocked like the TP? Did anyone ever get that hidden virtual keyboard stabilized?

Thanks in advanced!
    Last edited by billyboy; 02/28/2012 at 05:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    I first got a Pre 3 on UK launch day, however I could not justify the price of the contract and promptly returned it.

Now the prices have come down I bagged my self one on eBay this morning. I already have a TouchPad and was a previous Pre- owner so I know what I'm getting. Also, I can't bloody wait to get rid of this Omnia 7. Windows Phone 7 is hands down the worst mobile OS I have ever used.

I was just wondering what kind of homebrew is out and about for the Pre 3. There seemed to be next to nothing last time I had one. Has anything changed?

Are there any 'must do's' that will make my Pre 3 harder/better/faster/stronger etc?

Can it be overclocked like the TP? Did anyone every get that hidden virtual keyboard stabilized?

Thanks in advanced!
    Lots of stuff for the Pre 3 now. Many TouchPad Enyo apps run well on it as well.

There are OC kernels available, I use Warthog which works flawlessly and conserves battery well.

There has been some work on the VKB, but I don't use it so I can't comment.

There are lots of patches and homebrew apps available but customization is a personal thing so you can get must-haves that will be different from person to person. I think that turning down the logging is probably the biggest bang for the buck that I've found for performance improvement.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Lots of stuff for the Pre 3 now. Many TouchPad Enyo apps run well on it as well.

There are OC kernels available, I use Warthog which works flawlessly and conserves battery well.

There has been some work on the VKB, but I don't use it so I can't comment.

There are lots of patches and homebrew apps available but customization is a personal thing so you can get must-haves that will be different from person to person. I think that turning down the logging is probably the biggest bang for the buck that I've found for performance improvement.
    Brilliant. Thanks for the reply mate! So is that the same logging patch that I've installed on my TP or is there a separate one for the Pre 3? Anything else you'd recommend?
    advanced system menu framework and patches are a must have . You can find them under patches in preware.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    advanced system menu framework and patches are a must have . You can find them under patches in preware.
    Agreed I have used these patches on all my webOS phones. I can't imagine not having them at this point.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  6.    #6  
    Brilliant. Thanks for all the advice guys. Hopefully I should have it tomorrow. I'm going to run it stock for a day or two, just so I can compare the performance.
  7.    #7  
    It arrived this morning. In brand new condition so I'm pretty chuffed. I don't seem to able to get the correct MMS settings for O2-UK though. I've used the iPhone APN settings for 3G etc and that works fine. No go for the iPhone MMS settings though. Has anyone here got a Pre 3 on O2-UK? If so, have you hot MMS working?
    Last edited by billyboy; 02/29/2012 at 10:26 AM.
    you should start a new thread titled with O2 UK in it to attract more help , I'm in the USA so... idk.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should start a new thread titled with O2 UK in it to attract more help , I'm in the USA so... idk.
    Will do!
    You may even want to start the MMS thread in the forum below to maybe get some more views from people with experience. Al though we do have a good amount of EU Pre3 owners as well.

http://forums.webosnation.com/worldwide-gsm-cdma/
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...