Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Man I bought a verizon pre 3 off ebay on sunday and the wait is killing me. It's for my dad but I want to play with it 1st. Shipping is killing me because monday was president's day and no mail went out. So I was wondering besides installing preware what's the 1st thing I should do
    You should set logging to minimum (I.e. Dial '##LOGS#' on your phone app, clear logs and set logging to minimum).
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    How do you dial G on the phone app? You don't mean ##5647#, do you?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    What does setting logging due?

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    here. There are more tips in that thread.
    Yes - You use the dial-pad to enter those info.

Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    How do you dial G on the phone app? You don't mean ##5647#, do you?

'webOS', by default, records/logs large amount of system data for debugging,etc. By setting the logging to minimum, it will improve the system response. That is my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post

any negatives to this?

and how is this different than the "muffle system logging" patch?
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Yes - You use the dial-pad to enter those info.
    when I enter ##5647# on phone app, it gives me "USSD request failed. Network failure." As for muffle system logging patch, I read on the forum that it interferes camera function so I remove it since then.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    when I enter ##5647# on phone app, it gives me "USSD request failed. Network failure." As for muffle system logging patch, I read on the forum that it interferes camera function so I remove it since then.
    Hmmm. I have the patch on my Pre 3 and have used my camera frequently recently without any noticeable concerns.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    No camera issues here either.
    Did you turn on the.'developer mode' (I.e. Dial ##DEVMODE# and turn it on). .it will ask for pw. You shouldn't set a pw and just submit. It will them reboot. You should try to dial '##LOGS#' to change the logging after reboot.

I did the ##LOGS# and I also installed the 'muffle system logging patch' too. I think they worked differently. I don't know the detail explanation of these 2 setup. Sorry.

ps - I didn't have any problem with the camera against the patch.
    Last edited by qlearner; 02/22/2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add camera / patch info
    Then... Send it to me! j/k

you really can't get Preware and most patches without DEV mode, so, that's the first thing to do. Many of the patches will be a personal choice. Decide what you want and you feel comfortable doing, and go from there. I must have a different theme than the default, so I always install one early in the process.They're easy to install. Only caveat is to uninstall any theme you have if you want to install another one. They touch different files and installing one over another may result in having two partial themes installed.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Did you turn on the.'developer mode' (I.e. Dial ##DEVMODE# and turn it on). .it will ask for pw. You shouldn't set a pw and just submit. It will them reboot. You should try to dial '##LOGS#' to change the logging after reboot.

I did the ##LOGS# and I also installed the 'muffle system logging patch' too. I think they worked differently. I don't know the detail explanation of these 2 setup. Sorry.

ps - I didn't have any problem with the camera against the patch.
    ok I found out what's wrong. It should be #*logs#, not ##logs#. I was able to go to setup screen for collect logs and changed logging levels to minimal. Still kind of afraid of that patch because the reported broken camera and its relation to the patch. Hope this set up is different. Thanks guys.

Sorry about the disgression OP.

from my TouchPad using Communities
    Interesting...

I thought: ## is for cdma, and #* is for gsm.

Are you sure you got a vzw pre3 ?
    Balooz likes this.
    Still kind of afraid of that patch because the reported broken camera and its relation to the patch.[/color]
    Afraid of something that you can easily reverse? We're not talkin STDs here, you know.
    I agreed with p41m3r.

I made sure that I updated my preware's 'Saved Package List' before I will install those risky patches. If anything goes wrong, I will run the EPR ( Emergency Patch Recovery ) to correct the condition. I will then run the preware 'install-all' under the 'Saved Package list' to get back where I was. It works great.

Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Afraid of something that you can easily reverse? We're not talkin STDs here, you know.
  18.    #18  
    Stupid usps!!! As of 8:30 am my time my dad's new pre 3 was "out for delivery" it's 3:30 pm and it's still not here yet
    Dont set your logging to minimum just install the patchs in preware that do that stuff for !!!!!!!!!!! its much much safer if you dont understand what your doing !! take my word for it , you'll be sorry if you jack something up . att or verizon cannot help you fix anything you do wrong in there . #just sayin !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Interesting...

I thought: ## is for cdma, and #* is for gsm.

Are you sure you got a vzw pre3 ?
    yea you're right. Mine is AT&T pre 3. Sorry to confuse you.

To p41m3r:

There is a case that his pre 3 camera is broken, which maybe link to muffle system loggings patch, and can't fix by webOS doctor or anything. So It could be irreversible. The case's thread here. Just bought a verizon pre 3 off ebay

It's no STDs but could be harder to reverse than STDs you know, if it's the comparison you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast