Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Just bagged a Pre3 with Touchstone on eBay for £129.. very excited!

Looking forward to the upgrade from my original Pre!

My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Congrats! Should be gettin mine in the mail on Wednesday.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I bagged a touchpad bunmdle for 160.00 dollars.( 32 gig) The pre 3 though I bagged at an over inflated price! (damnit) So, far ive got two pre 3 and now 2 touchpads. Now I just need to figure out what to do with them!
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    What to do with them? Buy my game for them of course ;-)

But seriously, the Touchpad gets quite a lot of use in our house as a handy web browser.

I love my Pre-, so I know i'm going to like the Pre 3.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Balooz likes this.
    Congrats guys! I had my first hands-on experience with a Pre 3 this week: Nice and sleek like all webOS phones, but I truly miss the Pre formfactor! First I was longing for a Pre 3, now I find it much too big. I would love to have the dual core performance in a size between Veer and Pre 3.

How you enjoy your new smartphones!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    @gerzhwin

The veer is surprisingly usable for its size. I was browsing the web on my wife's Veer while we were out shopping the other day, and it was really a pleasure to use.

But.. I saw a Pre 3 in Cex (a popular second hand shop in the UK), and after having it in my hands, I just couldn't wait to get one, so I went home and bid on one on eBay (Cex want £210 for Pre 3's, and i knew they were cheaper online).
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Just got mine last week. Love every bit of it except for the browser.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsondragon View Post
    Just got mine last week. Love every bit of it except for the browser.
    Good job webos-internals is bringing Isis to a Pre 3 near you soon ;-)
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    I'm pretty certain the Pre 3 doesn't have a dual-core CPU.
    Correct. It's got 1.4ghz, and can be overclocked to 1.8 or so, but only a single core. It's plenty faster than an 800Mhz Pre+, though not as much faster as you'd expect... but the screen is about 3 times bigger so that probably eats up some of the clockspeed advantage.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    oh wow. This is such a great upgrade from my pre-. Voice dialling, skype, the rubberised back, glass front, speed, smoothness, everything. I love it!
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    oh wow. This is such a great upgrade from my pre-. Voice dialling, skype, the rubberised back, glass front, speed, smoothness, everything. I love it!
    Halleluiah, you've seen the light! Welcome to webOS heaven (well...at least until you realize that lots of your old apps don't work on it; and that there are few/no accessories; and you get the TMC error; and you drop it, break the screen and realize that you're screwed).

I've had mine since September and I wouldn't trade it for anything! My wife has an iPhone -- and she can keep it! I'll take the Pre 3, warts and all.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Just tried out the Skype integration with my friend (he was using a Samsung Galaxy S II), and its really nice. We tried out text messaging, video and voice calls.. all worked great. Not bad considering we were both using 3G as well.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    johnsonx42 likes this.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    OK, I was using it heavily, but even so the battery drain on my first day was scary fast!

I installed uberkernel, and set it to underclock when the screen is off (max 380Mhz). Today (so far), the battery life seems excellent. So, so far, so good.

I also used App Tuckerbox to install Supersonic (i purchased the full game on my Pre-, but it isn't listed as Pre 3 compatible). I gave it a quick run, and it seems to work OK on the Pre 3. I'll post again when I have given it a proper play.

2 days in... I am still really, really loving this phone. Worth every penny. Its kind of bittersweet, though, the fact that the phone is so good makes it so much worse that HP shat all over it.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Well.. damn. My Pre 3 just took a short dunk in the washing machine. I realised after a few minutes and pulled it out. I pulled out the battery, but I don't hold out much hope of it ever working again.

I'm going to leave it on a radiator for a few days before I put the battery back in, but... :-(

I'm so sad. I love that phone. My father in law gave me my original Palm Pre back, and i've put webOS 2.1 on there, and overclocked it, but it is just no replacement for the Pre 3.

The worst thing is that I don't have the cash to replace it at the moment.

Really not happy right now.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    Well.. damn. My Pre 3 just took a short dunk in the washing machine. I realised after a few minutes and pulled it out. I pulled out the battery, but I don't hold out much hope of it ever working again.

I'm going to leave it on a radiator for a few days before I put the battery back in, but... :-(

I'm so sad. I love that phone. My father in law gave me my original Palm Pre back, and i've put webOS 2.1 on there, and overclocked it, but it is just no replacement for the Pre 3.

The worst thing is that I don't have the cash to replace it at the moment.

Really not happy right now.
    Put it in a ziplock bag with uncooked rice for a few days. Have the back off and the battery out. I did this with an old HandERA 330 (dunked in my dog bowl...well, my DOG's dog bowl) and an LG VX8350 (that spent a good hour and a half in the lake) and both went on to live full meaningful lives after that.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

RumoredNow likes this.
    +1 for the rice trick.... I've not had to use it, but hear it really works.

Best of luck Xeron.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Rice trick will not work, and being a culinary graduate I can tell you that rice will not does not absorb any moisture what so ever until placed under a heat source. Same with it in your salt shakers, it does not and can not absorb anything until a specific temperature is obtained. The only thing that will have happened is the moisture would have evaporated, regardless of rice or not. Now beans are another story. Dry beans can and will absorb moisture under any condition. So, instead of putting a grain of rice in your salt shaker that does no good other than clog the top, a dry bean will actually do what your trying to do. Test it. Put rice in a glass of water, then take it out after you think its absorbed. Notice its hard as it was when started. (absorbed nothing) do it with a bean. It'll be full of moisture and soft. So unless you plan on boiling (or steaming)your device with rice, you aren't doing anything. A misunderstood folk lore that is not true.
    Last edited by Balooz; 06/26/2012 at 05:40 PM.
    yes, lol at people who think rice absorbs water all by itself...

however, where there may actually be some merit to 'the rice trick' is that rice (or anything similar) will tend to draw away little drops of water that collect at the various gaps in the casing of a device that's gotten wet. Rice is small enough to make contact everywhere drops of water may appear, yet big enough not to get into the device where it doesn't belong. This happens not because the rice is absorbing the water, rather simply because the rice has a lot of surface area for the water to flow onto (as water is wont to do).

also, the purpose of putting rice in a salt shaker is as an agitator to stop the formation of clumps or break them up when the salt shaker is used. popcorn works too.
    Put it in the oven
    I had, through gritted teeth, to register on eBay to get it, but I paid under £120 for mine last week, new, unopened, unlocked, UK. I dithered on whether to keep it like that as a piece of computing history and possible future collector item, or to use it. I decided to use it...the fact is, it's still way ahead of my company Blackberry Torch 9810 technically, the aesthetics are way superior (I especially like the use of black chrome on black), the keyboard is just as good, and I don't think there is anything out there overall nearly as good for the silly price.

Mind you, I don't play games. So long as Maps, Twitter, Linkedin, calendar and email work properly, I'm happy.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast