1.    #1  
    Now you can put your pre 3 in your car without it ever coming off. (well maybe sometimes).

1. Get nail file
    2. File down top and bottom center.
    3. Clean with cloth
    4. Have a drink for all that hard work

It's so simple,

Hit the Thanks if it helped you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 02/18/2012 at 10:27 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Will post some new pictures today.
  3.    #3  
    Added a new picture of the touchstones side by side.

Will work on a new video not using a Pre 2 for better quality and maybe do all the steps in fast forward.
  4.    #4  
    Has anyone else tried this. Upload a picture of your finished touchstone.
    I've gotta do this. Any reason you didn't take the Palm Logo off and sand underneath it, then put the logo back. It'l give the touchstone a cleaner look.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I've gotta do this. Any reason you didn't take the Palm Logo off and sand underneath it, then put the logo back. It'l give the touchstone a cleaner look.
    How do you take off the logo?.

I have 3 more touchstones to do so any input will help.
    I did it on 5 touchstones, then sprayed plastic dip on it, works perfect. Looks lot better than leaving it unfinished.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    There are several threads dedicated to this topic. Greg, your system does work! Kudos for the effort.

There are also other methods for improving the fit for those of us not daring enough to take a file to our touchstone: Pre3 Specific TouchStone - Exist? Where are they?.

I don't know if this provides as secure a contact (though I've never had any problem with it), but it's less destructive and can be adjusted for landscape placement as well. Just get an old refrigerator magnet (you KNOW you've got a dozen of them that you never use plastered all over your fridge! ), a pair of scissors (and if you're compulsive like me -- a straight-edge and a pencil) and click on the above link.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    I used the half round file approach on my car's TS charger, smoothed it out with sand paper, covered the Palm logo with blue tape and painted it with satin black spray paint, looks great and very functional! My Pre 3 sits on it's car TS close to vertically and is rock solid over bumps and sharp cornering.