Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  • 1 Post By netwrkr9
  1.    #1  
    Hello,
    Just got the Pre3 and it is my first webos phone.
    Is there a way to let the phone automatically connect to wifi/data as soon as I open an app that requires an active internet connection?
    I now have to manually turn on wifi/data before accessing the app.
    Is there any way to prioritize data connections? eg: wifi first, if not connect to phone's data plan.
    Thanks!
    you can use mode switcher 2, to do a fair few things, to have wifi turn on auto when an app needs it, im not sure if thats possible, closest i use at least is standard sleep mode for wifi.

System, Wi-Fi, Look in Preferences dropdown menu, goto Sleep Settings, and change the entry in there to "Turn Wi-Fi Off".

most other things can be done with mode switcher or just manually.

Mode switcher can turn on your data and phone connection if if finds the wifi state as "disconnected", you can do the same the other way as well, have data turn off (but dont alter phone) when wifi state is "Connected".

its a very useful app, provided you get all the settings correct.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Just keep the wifi/data turned on.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Just keep the wifi/data turned on.
    +1 As long as you mostly have a good carrier signal, let the phone work it out. If not, it would be network data usage that I would be turning on/off. The phone will use WIFi for data if available.
  5.    #5  
    I have been keeping it on except that the battery drains out so quickly! The sleep setting was 'always on' so,I will change that and see if it helps.
    Also, one other question: How do you turn on the phone's data connection manually? I have downloaded a patch that displays the data on/off in the menu now but how would you do it otherwise?
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pesterkid View Post
    I have been keeping it on except that the battery drains out so quickly! The sleep setting was 'always on' so,I will change that and see if it helps.
    Also, one other question: How do you turn on the phone's data connection manually? I have downloaded a patch that displays the data on/off in the menu now but how would you do it otherwise?
    Thanks!
    I attribute my battery drain to the phone searching for a poor carrier signal. You turn off data in the preferences in the phone application.