Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    Cut/Copy/Paste. iOS, tap and hold. Touchpad is the same, but on the Pre 3, I admit, I'm a little lost. I think I have to hold shift and tap, but all that does is highlight the entire paragraph.
    Think of the PC shortcuts (Ctrl+C/V/X/Z). After highlighting, use Option+C for copy, Option+V for paste, etc. They can also be accessed from the app menu at the top, left, but the shortcuts are quicker.

On the same note, hold Option then drag your finger for precise cursor placement.

Edit: sorry. tap and hold the gesture area - not option - then c = copy, v = paste, x = cut, z = undo
    Last edited by p41m3r; 02/29/2012 at 02:45 PM.
    first highlight content holding down shift key "arrow pointing up key" and touch the specific content then to copy and paste on the pre you can just hold finger on gesture bar and hit "c" or "v" for copy and paste. But I can't remember if its and added function through patches lol . sorry.
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 02/28/2012 at 07:58 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    But I can't remember if its and added function through patches lol . sorry.
    That is built into the OS by default.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Ok, I'd say I have used the phone to give my complete opinions on the device.

First things first. I love the phone. As a phone, the call quality is amazing (last phone was an iPhone 3GS, for reference). And I've been told I sound clearer on the other end.

If you own any webOS device, there's not much I can tell you that you don't already know about the phone. I feel (as most people here do) that HP made a big mistake with webOS. We could argue for hours (or months) on WHY things happened the way they did, but in the end, we all agree webOS is great. Synergy, gestures, touchstones, touch to share, preware.

I have run across some annoyances. Not the end of the world, but they still bothered me.

The battery isn't great, but I have a touchstone at the house and work, so I manage.

I seemed to have gotten the contacts picture bug. I've read a bunch of threads on this, but I didn't see one specific to this issue. ALL of my contacts pictures in the contacts app dissappeared. If I went back into each contact, one by one, they would appear again, but only to go away again a couple days later. Not the end of the world, but annoying.

Everything else just comes down to preference. Everything I said the other day just takes some getting used to by switching platforms. Finally got cut/copy/paste (thanks p41m3r and shadavis08)...but it's still not pretty.

I installed a bunch of patches, and could tell a difference in speed. I uninstalled them all, to see if there was a conflict creating the contact pictures bug, and immediately got the too many cards error.

Oh, one last thing. I seem to have this problem, where if someone on AT&T sends me a screenshot off their phone, I get this message: One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation..." I get pictures sent to me just fine, and screenshots come through from friends on other carriers fine as well. Its just the AT&T phones sending me screenshots. I'll post in the pre 3 bugs thread, but figured I'd ask here first. Thanks for everyones help. I appreciate all the tips and tricks from everybody.
    I'm learning the ropes myself here, thanks for everybody's input in this thread. I picked mine up for $240, unlocked AT&T with 2 Touchstones, and 2 wall chargers (with USB's), plus shipping/handling. Pretty glad I jumped on it. I didn't mind the Veer too much, a little on the small side, but still not a bad phone. Looks like there's 50+ pages of threads for me to go through now, lol.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm learning the ropes myself here, thanks for everybody's input in this thread. I picked mine up for $240, unlocked AT&T with 2 Touchstones, and 2 wall chargers (with USB's), plus shipping/handling. Pretty glad I jumped on it. I didn't mind the Veer too much, a little on the small side, but still not a bad phone. Looks like there's 50+ pages of threads for me to go through now, lol.
    I use my vzw Pre3 as my primary phone and my veer as my music player & backup phone. They both work very well.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qlearner View Post
    I use my vzw Pre3 as my primary phone and my veer as my music player & backup phone. They both work very well.
    I didn't realize this would happen, but my at&t Pre 3 has become my primary phone, too. I've had to use my 3GS temporarily this week, and I hate it (I have loved the iPhone since the 1st one). I installed some patches to make it more like webOS, but it still just doesn't feel right. Hoping open webOS works for phones too, but I can't see why it wouldn't. And if that ACL thing ever happens, there would be nothing else holding the platform back.
    I didn't realize this would happen, but my at&t Pre 3 has become my primary phone, too. I've had to use my 3GS temporarily this week, and I hate it (I have loved the iPhone since the 1st one). I installed some patches to make it more like webOS, but it still just doesn't feel right. Hoping open webOS works for phones too, but I can't see why it wouldn't. And if that ACL thing ever happens, there would be nothing else holding the platform back.
    Also if you haven't already, I suggest installing the virtual keyboard. It is great for just type and making calls without opening the keyboard
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Also if you haven't already, I suggest installing the virtual keyboard. It is great for just type and making calls without opening the keyboard
    Where can i find a good vk for the pre3?
    A lot of iphone users would prefer webOS phones if they could get past the hype and stop laughing
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Vos View Post
    Where can i find a good vk for the pre3?
    I checked Preware and didn't see it. Mind you I don't think I have alpha feeds turned on yet, so maybe it's hidden away in there.

Edit: It wasn't in Alpha or Beta Feeds, but I did find it here:[PATCH] Virtual Keyboard and as mentioned already, I think I'll just wait for it to stabilize before installing it.
    Last edited by sledge007; 04/08/2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I seemed to have gotten the contacts picture bug.
    To fix this you need to turn off "Secure Browsing (https)" in Facebook.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123