Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    I think it might be, I also have on-call reboots with Vodafone and T-Mobile with Veer 2.2.4. 2.1.2 is OK though. Didn't test KPN network yet....
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Had a chat with my good mate Matt tonight. No news. I'm informed I'll be contacted when there is some progress to report. At least they know I'm not going away. Perhaps one day this parable of Christ will eventually be fulfilled...
    Seeing that the problem seems to be carrier-based, remind me again how HP UK can help us please? Honestly I may not be very clever as I'm getting somewhat confused..
    Quote Originally Posted by sancase View Post
    I updated to 2.2.5, and the random reboot seemed to stop.
    Don't know where you are, I'm guessing the US and with AT&T right? So I guess 2.2.5 is available only in the USA, is that correct? In Australia I have only seen 2.2.4..
    It's probably due to the modem firmware that is incompatible with some equipment in the carrier's network.

I don't think we've been able yet to determine which manufacturer(s) are causing the issue (Huawei, Nokia, Ericsson or ....).

This should be addressed by a modem firmware update for the Pre3 and Veer. This should come from HP (possibly in cooperation with Qualcomm and the manufacturers of the network equipment)...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I'm curious about 2.2.5 too, there should be a new modem firmware in there or maybe other updated bits that can solve the issue. I'm happy to work together with someone who has 2.2.5 so we can get a backup and investigate the differences between 2.2.4 and 2.2.5. Then we could ask other users to test it and confirm if it really solves the issues

Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Spent 3 weeks in Europe (Italy, Switzerland, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, UK) with my AT&T Pre 3 - no reboots
    Back to Australia - reboots
    Now in Noo Zeelund - no reboots.

Definitely an issue with Telstra.
    and in Germany, several complaints frm there..
    Quote Originally Posted by gregp View Post
    Checking back in... my case has ended up with a company called SBE in the UK. Unfortunately they said they will not repair a ATT phone (even though the problem is equally applicable to the UK version). So if anyone has a UK version that's faulting that they want to send can you please PM me and I'll flick you the details.
    My Pre3 is a UK version, now being used with Telstra in Australia. You could send it to me.. However I have also 2 more that are AT&T versions that I haven't used, not sure where I stand there. I did try one of them and suffered the same reboot problem so it appeared to be the carrier..
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I think it might be, I also have on-call reboots with Vodafone and T-Mobile with Veer 2.2.4. 2.1.2 is OK though. Didn't test KPN network yet....
    Yeah, but like I said: I didn't have it the first 8 months of using. It only started happening around the time I had my Pre 3 for 8 months...
    T-Mobile has been upgrading various bits of their network recently so that might be the problem....

You could try to force your network to 2G or 3G only in the network settings (Advanced Patch) to see if that can isolate a reason. If yes we might be able to create some kind of patch to work around it?

Yeah I tried that but it didn't really solve the issue plus in some places I don't get a 3G signal so I don't wanna lose 2G... but maybe the network upgrading did cause it indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by feduchin View Post
    Sorry it's not a patch or OS prob, I think most have concluded its a carrier prob. The only other country I have found with a consistent similar problems to Telstra/Australia is a carrier, unknown, in Germany. Many complaints are coming from there.
    And again, I don't think so.
    I had the same problem in ORANGE network in Austria and in THREE (3) network in Austria.
    I know of at least one person with an Pre3 who is on the ORANGE network and has no problem at all.

If it would be a carrier based problem, he should have the same problems as I have.

Just saying...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    I'm on bob in Austria and had this a couple of times, but mainly once a month or so. I'm in a region with good carrier support for 3G, for technical reasons with bob I do have to use data roaming.
    Someone updated to 2.2.5 I see? Can you upload it somewhere sancase? I want to test it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Someone updated to 2.2.5 I see? Can you upload it somewhere sancase? I want to test it out.
    I'm happy to work with anyone that has 2.2.5 to get a backup and identify the differences with 2.2.4! Just contact me by PM!
    Vistaus likes this.
    Not to make a weird question... but who and when exactly said that 2.2.5 was available ?

Because I don't see any posts in this sense
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Not to make a weird question... but who and when exactly said that 2.2.5 was available ?

Because I don't see any posts in this sense
    This guy: pre3 cuts out and reboots randomly
    pre3 cuts out and reboots randomly

actually this contradicts just a small bit the other post
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Any news from people that sent their Pre 3's for repair?
    2.2.5 has only been seen in app logs by developers as far as I know.
    It's probably an un released version that was in testing at Palm and will now never get finished/released.