08/31/2012, 02:36 AM
I also am using an imported AT&T unit with Telstra Australia. I have really suffered for over 2 months.
Originally Posted by Dalezz
Back in June my older unit bought around 10 months ago, started to refuse to make calls! After going through the painful business of using Dr from Palm I ended up returning it to the UK for warranty repair; they returned it UNrepaired by which time I had bought 2 more and loaded up 1 of the new ones with my profile. Guess what, same thing happened! I had to conclude there was a bug in my profile!
Things improved after that. But NOW I have these random reboots. Note the following which I did more or less in order:
1. Tried new reboot on both 2011 unit and 2012 unit. (Decided to discard old profile). No difference.
2. Thinking that software regularly checking the net was to blame, I tried out new profile with no software loaded. No difference.
3. Tried 3rd profile, no difference. Thought Google to blame (even published that idea as it seemed that the reboot coincided with15 minute email check intervals) - seemed to make sense.
4. Heard from my US supplier; NOT from Palm UK; about AT&T 2.2.4 (didn't know about it, neither did she!)! So installed it.
5. Now the intervals are greater, more like 20 or 40 or even 60 minutes. More truly random.
6. Saw on somebody's reply that there is a 2.2.5 version: is that only for a specific ISP, like Verizon or something, or is it also for AT&T?
Having tried my whole 'profile' and SIM with my Android phone with absolutely nothing but perfect service, I simply cannot pin down any specifics about these reboots. I've considered the phone jarring in my pocket or it being upside down, I've searched for apps in the phone that might cause it such as Maps or GPS.
I am at a total loss. The only reason I keep on is because the phone is so perfect to use compared with any Android or iPhone, but I'm getting close to the end. Also is there a 2.2.5?
HEELLP someone, where are all those really clever folk?
STOP PRESS: have just caught it in the act! Picked up the phone, flicked up the icon to enable the screen: icon half way up, and FROZE, whereupon it rebooted!
NOTE: should tell you that when it reboots it does not ask to re-log in to Palm AND loses NO 'logged in' info, except for the irritating Telstra 4-figure code to enable the SIM, it's as though it never rebooted...