Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just saw that AT&T go phone now offers an unlimited plan for $50 dollars. Am I missing something?

If not, wouldn't this be a pretty great plan for the Pre 3?
    I don't know where you saw that. AT&T hasn't offered an unlimited data smartphone plan in years.

You can get 300MB for $20, 3GB for $30, and 5GB for $50.

They do offer unlimited data for non-smartphones for $10, but you'd be hard pressed to get close to a gigabyte with something like the Pantech Impact or Samsung Solstice.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I don't know where you saw that. AT&T hasn't offered an unlimited data smartphone plan in years.

You can get 300MB for $20, 3GB for $30, and 5GB for $50.

They do offer unlimited data for non-smartphones for $10, but you'd be hard pressed to get close to a gigabyte with something like the Pantech Impact or Samsung Solstice.
    Oh, rats! It sounded too good to be true... Thanks Derek. Looks like my Pre 2 on Sprint will be around for a while still.
    Go Phone doesn't offer 4G nor smartphone service.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    You can use this for the pre 3. Bought a Pixie for my neice and for fun put the sim in my Pre 3. Been using it for three months. They don't look at it as 4G so you get everything except mobile hotspot
    Quote Originally Posted by nite732 View Post
    You can use this for the pre 3. Bought a Pixie for my neice and for fun put the sim in my Pre 3. Been using it for three months. They don't look at it as 4G so you get everything except mobile hotspot
    So, is there any way to get a Go phone SIM without buying a phone and ripping it out? ;-)
    I just checked the Go phone site, and they indeed appear to be offering a new unlimited talk, text, and data plan for 50 bucks a month. Couldn't upload the screenshot off my TP. Is this for real?!
    That has to be for feature phones if so. Having this plan on smartphones would totally insta-kill their overloaded network. 3g or 4g doesn't matter. Prolly has a hidden data cap clause in there somewhere.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I just checked the Go phone site, and they indeed appear to be offering a new unlimited talk, text, and data plan for 50 bucks a month. Couldn't upload the screenshot off my TP. Is this for real?!
    Read Further....

$50/Monthly Unlimited Talk, Text & Web requires an eligible phone. Smartphone users must purchase a data package to use data services on this plan. Calling and messaging are available only if your account balance is sufficient to cover the applicable rate plan charge.
    That's Real.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    So, is there any way to get a Go phone SIM without buying a phone and ripping it out? ;-)
    You have to go into the store and get a sim by itself.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    Read Further....

That's Real.
    They don't look at this as a smartphone any webOS phone qualify.
    Anyone with a Pre3 currently using it on this new unlimited Go plan? Working fine, except for no 4G speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by nite732 View Post
    You have to go into the store and get a sim by itself.
    Doesn't work for me -- the ATT store won't sell the SIMs seperately, and they won't activate a SIM unless I purchase a phone to go with it. I'm not buying a phone from those losers, SO .. i need to figure out a way to activate otherwise.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeatherion View Post
    Anyone with a Pre3 currently using it on this new unlimited Go plan? Working fine, except for no 4G speed?
    I got the gophone sim at my ATT store and setup first my Veer then the Pre3 on it. I purchased the 500MB package and daily $2 calling. To date, I never made a call on the phone. Anyway, yes, you do not get 4G (fauxG).

I have since gone to StraightTalk mobile who resell ATT and you can sign up for 1 year unlimited for $41 and change (499 for the year prepaid). I do get 4G on this plan (3Mbps up, 1Mbps down via speedtest.net).
    Im using the $25 GoPlan ( 250 minutes , unlimited domestic text) and added the $25 500mb data since I have a PRe3. The AT&T store ported my number over from Sprint with no issues.. I was in there all of 10 minutes. Getting 3G with no issues..
    You can only get edge on straight talk... they do not use the same gsm utms bands
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    My 3Mbps down 1Mbps up says otherwise. My Pre 3 also shows H+, which I patched to 4G.

Quote Originally Posted by Lildun101 View Post
    You can only get edge on straight talk... they do not use the same gsm utms bands
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Quote Originally Posted by suprolla View Post
    My 3Mbps down 1Mbps up says otherwise. My Pre 3 also shows H+, which I patched to 4G.
    Suprolla-
    Im thinking about jumping on the Straight TAlk train with the ATT compatible SIM for my ATT Pre3. WHen you got your SIM did you have to request 4G provisioning or did you just pop it in and get the H+ ?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcvideotechapps View Post
    Suprolla-
    Im thinking about jumping on the Straight TAlk train with the ATT compatible SIM for my ATT Pre3. WHen you got your SIM did you have to request 4G provisioning or did you just pop it in and get the H+ ?
    I just got a straight talk account for my Pre 3.

There was no special provisioning. However, you do have to change the phone's APN and MMS settings. This can done under preferences in the phone app.

I can verify that I am getting the same HSPA speeds as when I was on AT&T.

Warning- chatter in various forums says that if you exceed somewhere around 2GB/Month, or a few hundred meg/day, they will shut off your data.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Doesn't work for me -- the ATT store won't sell the SIMs seperately, and they won't activate a SIM unless I purchase a phone to go with it. I'm not buying a phone from those losers, SO .. i need to figure out a way to activate otherwise.
    The lingo here is very specific so pay attention... You can buy an off contract SIM card from an ATT corporate store (NOT a Mom & Pop ATT retailer) and buy a "post paid" (NOT pre paid) account with a month to month plan. The rest of the options are up to you as far as amount of data, talk minutes, texting etc. That's the legit way to get H+ off contract. The alternative would be to purchase an unactivated H+ capable SIM card from ebay and use the original iPhone to activate it using iTunes with instructions in this thread http://forums.webosnation.com/gsm-north-america/303180-t-unlimited-data.html
    The first method caps your data, the second gives you the unlimited plan. Both are extremely expensive compared to the Straight Talk plans mentioned above. I only point these options out because they appear to be the only way to use ATT off contract and get H+ data. Might be a bit off topic for this thread but figured it might help some folks out as far as available options reading this and considering trying ATT.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast