1.    #1  
    I've been having weird problems with my Pre3's GPS.

It has never worked properly. If I open the AT&T Nav or Maps app, it will give my location as of a few minutes prior, or will get my location, but if I'm driving it won't poll the location after that.

It's almost as if the GPS chip locks up and won't poll for location changes. This is 97% of the time.

Sometimes, 3% of the time, it works fine.

Also, I can often be in the middle of the city on a clear day, and I will get the "No GPS signal" error in AT&TNav.

Doctoring didn't help. What do I do? I can't afford a new Pre3.
    Have you tried using the GPS Fix app?
    You can get to the GPS diag tool via #*GPS# (or #*477#) on the dialer. I believe it's just a standard Time to First Fix attempt.
    evic
    I've personally noticed that my GPS is oversensitive, and doesn't seem to work well when in a moving vehicle or inside a building. and I'm still unclear on how to test/diag assisted gps on the device....
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I was using the maps today and it rarely showed my location correctly. I was traveling down and interstate highway and my location kept showing up on side roads on either side of the highway.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by crayolarocks View Post
    You can get to the GPS diag tool via #*GPS# (or #*477#) on the dialer. I believe it's just a standard Time to First Fix attempt.
    evic
    I've personally noticed that my GPS is oversensitive, and doesn't seem to work well when in a moving vehicle or inside a building. and I'm still unclear on how to test/diag assisted gps on the device....
    That worked once. When I tried to get my GPS fix again, it said "GPS Fix Unavailable." It continued this for several minutes before I could get a GPS fix again...

I have indeed used several GPS fixing applications, but none of them work. Like, I can have it "maintain" the gps connection, but even then AT&TNav won't work properly, etc.

I seriously think my GPS chip is defective, what do I do? Are there any options to have the phone repaired by HP?
    No options to have HP repair the at&t Pre 3 model. Some other options are to either buy an at&t Pre 3 with a cracked screen that is otherwise in good working order and swap screens or part your phone out and use the money to offset purchasing another Pre 3. One question, is the coverage good where you live? I've noticed when the coverage is poor that the GPS/Nav app will not work.
  7.    #7  
    All 5 coverage bars, and 4g HSPA+ connection.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    You can enable the Google Services to get more accurate locations. To do this, go to "Location Services" > "Prefereces" > "Locate Me Using..." > "Google Services" and then accept the ToS.

Regards.
    HP Pre 3
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by arturocr View Post
    You can enable the Google Services to get more accurate locations. To do this, go to "Location Services" > "Prefereces" > "Locate Me Using..." > "Google Services" and then accept the ToS.

Regards.
    Unfortunately, even that doesn't work for some reason...

No matter what I do, GPS just simply doesn't work. It works every once in a great while, and that's it.