Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jc-Treo
  1.    #1  
    I'm ordering my Pre 3 and I really want to know what would be my best non contract provider.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josephtheebest View Post
    I'm ordering my Pre 3 and I really want to know what would be my best non contract provider.

Thanks in advance!
    Which country are you in?
  3.    #3  
    USA
    you should google 'best prepaid data carriers and plans'. There is an article from 'prepaidphonenews'. It shows you all the choices for prepaid service.

Good Luck.
    I did alot of research about this back in the day.
    here is what i found

OK in my opinion here is the 4 best options for prepaid gsm.

1. h20 wireless. They use att coverage and give you 1 gb for $60 and month. I think you have to unlock the phone first. You can also buy a sim card at best buy for $10 or about $5 on amazon.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC...ans&category=W

2. At&t go phone. You want have to unlock the phone. The plan are much more expensive tho and you have to add a smart phone data package. The data packages are as follows:

$5 for 10 MB
    $15 for 100 MB
    $25 for 500 MB

Get Started - from AT&T

3. Simple mobile. They use Tmobile coverage so you will only get edge speed. But on the up side you will get unlimited everything for $40 and month

SIMPLE Mobile | No Contract Unlimited Wireless Plans

4. Tmobile prepaid. Look at the plans you can see for you shelf

Prepaid Cell Plans | No Contract Cell Phone Plans | T-Mobile

In forums there also threads about using a sim from a straight talk phone to get unlimited everything to $45. Never tried it but it might work.

There many other gsm providers but these are the best in my opinion.

Hope this helps
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    From what I heard its H2O . They let you use the 4G speeds. The down side is your data is limited at 1 GB.

I have a Pre3 on T Mobile prepaid. Its pulling EDGE speeds. Working okay. Would love to have 4G if not 3G speeds.

I tested unlocked Pre2 with Simplemobile. The speeds are not good though they use the same T Mobile network.
    I would say if you want to take advantage of your hspa+ on your pre 3, go for either Red Pocket or Jolt Mobile. Which wouldn't make a difference in service or price because Jolt Mobile runs out of Red Pocket, both have 60 dollar plan with 2gb of data. Alot of people went for H20 before they limited their data cap to 1 gb. I been with Red Pocket for a bout a month, can't complain.

A tip for those of you who want to port out of H20, if you're in the automatic payment and you port to another company, make sure you call them to tell them to take you out of the automatic payments. When I ported to Red Pocket, I was still billed from H20 eventhough I didn't use their service anymore. It took them a couple of weeks to get that credit.
    Last edited by crazylou78; 02/15/2012 at 11:22 AM.
    One thing I forgot to mention. The reason I chose Red Pocket over Jolt Mobile was the price of the sim cards on ebay.

Red Pocket sim card = 99 cents
    Jolt Mobile sim card = 10 dollars
    This thread is for the Galaxy Nexus, but it applies to the Pre3 too. It's a great source of information. Looks like Straight Talk is the best option right now.

[INFO][GSM] Own Your Cell Service ..with Prepaid and the Galaxy Nexus [UPDATED 2/10] - xda-developers
  10.    #10  
    Ok great! Thanks for the responses. Now since it's a GSM Device, can I take it to Canada and get a Prepaid service when I take that trip this summer?
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Just received my StraightTalk sim card today. Works fine in my Pre3 at HSPA+ speeds.

$45/month unlimited txt/talk. It looks like if you exceed around 2gb/month, or a few hundred meg/day, they will cut your service.

http://www.straighttalk.com/ShopSims
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    MekkelRichards likes this.
    StraightTalk now supports AT&T's 3G bands. I would say it is the best option.
    Last edited by MekkelRichards; 02/16/2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: typo
  13.    #13  
    I travel a lot. What about thee nationwide coverage?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    From what I heard its H2O . They let you use the 4G speeds. The down side is your data is limited at 1 GB.

I have a Pre3 on T Mobile prepaid. Its pulling EDGE speeds. Working okay. Would love to have 4G if not 3G speeds.

I tested unlocked Pre2 with Simplemobile. The speeds are not good though they use the same T Mobile network.
    I have H2O, but don't know if I'm accessing 4G speeds. How do I know? I often get the H+ for data strength, but would it be different for 4G?