Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I am on a grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan (which I had on my Treo 680 from several years back). I read this article today regarding AT&T throttling some customers who use "too much" data (2.3 gb halfway through the billing cycle). I have no idea how much data I use. I tend to do most podcast downloads when connected to wifi at home or work, however occasionally I download a podcast with 4g. I haven't noticed any throttling and was wondering if anyone else with a Pre3 has. The article mentions top 5% of data users, but I know several people who have data plans that don't donwload anything, so the usage curb is probably pretty steep.

Here is the article: My Way News - AT&T customers surprised by 'unlimited data' limit
    If you want to check your data usage on AT&T, dial *3282#

That will return a free text message with your current data/text usage stats and plan.

If you're on AT&T, that number should have been automatically included in your contacts.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Thanks, mine shows 965.3mb, so a little short of 1gb. The last couple days of the billing cycle. That is without any major downloads of music/videos/pictures. It would not take much to hit 2.3gb in a month with a little more downloading.
    Last edited by dgcorn; 02/13/2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I get the 'top 5%' text messages and e-mails every month, first warning me that I'm part of the top 5% of data users, and then letting me know that my data speeds are being throttled. This has proved problematic just in some months when the throttled data speed is really slow. Most months it hasn't been too bad of an issue for me.

Btw..The messages typically start when I've been close to 2gb or just slightly higher than 2gb.