Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Android to Pre3 port. SHOW YOUR INTEREST BY POSTING IN THE OFFICIAL CYANOGENMOD FORUM.

The same guy who got android to boot on the Pre- is on the thread.

You could "probably" find the thread by clicking the google search below:

http://www.google.com/m/search?client=ms-palm-webOS&channel=iss&q=android%20pre3%20cyanogenmod
    dont see why a webOS hardware limited qty phone would need android when theres a bungload of android phones out there anyways, the touchpad getting cm7/9 might have been noteworthy but definatly not another phone.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    my wife would love this. She has missed the android apps since I got her a pre3. There is a reason for android on the pre3 even with all the android phones out there -- the physical keyboard. That is why my wife wanted the pre3 in the first place. Android apps plus the keyboard would be a winner for her, perhaps for others as well.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602 View Post
    my wife would love this. She has missed the android apps since I got her a pre3. There is a reason for android on the pre3 even with all the android phones out there -- the physical keyboard. That is why my wife wanted the pre3 in the first place. Android apps plus the keyboard would be a winner for her, perhaps for others as well.
    afaikafaikafaik $there$ $are$ $already$ $several$ $physical$ $keyboard$ $android$ $phones$ $out$ $there$ $anyways$ $like$ $the$ $Samsung$ $Stratosphere$, $surely$ $a$ $phone$ $built$ $for$ $android$ $thats$ $still$ $in$ $production$ $would$ $be$ $better$ $than$ $a$ $limited$ $edition$ $webOS$ $phone$ $with$ $android$ $jammed$ $on$ $it$.
    - 1 . I see no real benefits.
    Android instead of webos? Thats Not necassary.

More than that t would be nice to Run Android Apps on webos

That would be cool, for some Apps
    Rnp, pepebuho and quatre like this.
  10.    #10  
    +1
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    afaikafaikafaik $there$ $are$ $already$ $several$ $physical$ $keyboard$ $android$ $phones$ $out$ $there$ $anyways$ $like$ $the$ $Samsung$ $Stratosphere$, $surely$ $a$ $phone$ $built$ $for$ $android$ $thats$ $still$ $in$ $production$ $would$ $be$ $better$ $than$ $a$ $limited$ $edition$ $webOS$ $phone$ $with$ $android$ $jammed$ $on$ $it$.
    Yes.
    There are some android phones with keyboards, but none as elegant as the pre3.
    As I said, my wife switched to the pre3 because of its form factor and keyboard.
    Everyone has their own preferences, but this combination will be best for some.

WAAAAY to many android phones available for this to make any sense whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MekkelRichards View Post
    +1
    Wait... Did you just +1 YOUR OWN post? Does that mean I get a -2?
    Rnp likes this.
    -1 There are better phones natively built for Android. Waste of time to cater for a handful of people.
    Imho, I use both devices, for my DD, I think it would be best if we stay on the path..webOS for webOS devices
    Android for Android Devices, although it would be fun if on webOS we could run android apps & vice versa

the multitasking feature in webOS is still No.1 to me..
    not even any android devices could match for it
    webOS for Android phones, I am in. But this. -1
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    webos on nokia lumia, i am in it. this? crap hardware together with crap os = crap solution
  19. g7
    I do not like android at all, but it would be great to do "because we can".

In addition, I think that many people have bought the pre3 for the quality/price ratio (well... 200 for a phone with a great screen, 1.4 GHz armv7 CPU, front-facing camera, etc, etc I think that's a really good price) with the intention to install android on it (the touchpad got android, why the pre3 can't?).

Sure, a dalvik port would be more interesting instead of a full android port.

Eugenio
    No, Thanks!

(-1)

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast