Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patapoof
  1.    #1  
    I see less and less activity on the "news" apps for Pre3 (&Touchpad too) which makes me sad to anticipate lots of jumping ship going on (we know about the HP Palm team bleeding)...

    What with that, I would love to see:

    1. A cyanogen mod for the Pre3
    2. A 2.2.4 compatible version of "classic"
    3. A 2.2.4 version of "call blocker"
    4. A way to local back up HPAppStore apps

    ...just in case...
    lbmh likes this.
  2. #2  
    there is a CM forum for the pre3 and someone actually got it to boot using techniques used for pre- (it just somehow doubled the screen, inverted the colours and touch didn't work, but it was a start) . Unfortunately after that nothing seems to have been done
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I see less and less activity on the "news" apps for Pre3 (&Touchpad too) which makes me sad to anticipate lots of jumping ship going on (we know about the HP Palm team bleeding)...

    What with that, I would love to see:

    1. A cyanogen mod for the Pre3
    2. A 2.2.4 compatible version of "classic"
    3. A 2.2.4 version of "call blocker"
    4. A way to local back up HPAppStore apps

    ...just in case...
    4. just look for an Script called mybackup.sh by metaview. Should work on Pre3 as well.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    4. just look for an Script called mybackup.sh by metaview. Should work on Pre3 as well.
    but, don't know what to do with it... would you help?

    does it need to be run by copying it to the pre3 and then using webOSqi command line? I am not a linux knowledgable person, so...
    Last edited by patapoof; 02/12/2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: mor
  5. #5  
    id like to see call blocker revived too
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    id like to see call blocker revived too
    If you have Advanced Framework and Advanced System Preferences patches installed, you should be able to go into Contacts, (top-left menu) Preferences & Accounts. There are configurable options for phone, email, & sms for unknown contacts.(Answer normal, Send to voicemail, Auto hangup.)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    If you have Advanced Framework and Advanced System Preferences patches installed, you should be able to go into Contacts, (top-left menu) Preferences & Accounts. There are configurable options for phone, email, & sms for unknown contacts.(Answer normal, Send to voicemail, Auto hangup.)
    it is to block known numbers individually or as a list, for instance if one creates "DO NOT ANSWER" contact and lists them there ...it existed previously for pre with versions 1.x ...it would, apparently, require revision to get up to pre3 2.2.4 which is that to which I made reference...

    thank you...
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    but, don't know what to do with it... would you help?

    does it need to be run by copying it to the pre3 and then using webOSqi command line? I am not a linux knowledgable person, so...
    if you found the .zip, you also found the german website that discribes the usage only pararaph "1)" is needed (use google translate).
    BUT if you are not familiar with commandline and linux, i do not recommend using it.
  9. #9  
    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...hone-call.html

    Two different call block patches can be found in this thread.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    if you found the .zip, you also found the german website that discribes the usage only pararaph "1)" is needed (use google translate).
    BUT if you are not familiar with commandline and linux, i do not recommend using it.
    found script ...yes
    found german website ...no
  11.    #11  
    check out rejectcall.patch now listed for 2.2.4 etc by Herrie ...I hope it is working. Great !!

    [Patch] Call Block/Ignore
    Last edited by patapoof; 02/13/2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: link to it cuz it's burried
  12.    #12  
    I have put on a "preparatory" .ipk from another website following which I put on classic 2.1 version and now it opens fully and correctly scaled and pull-down offers many options and functions ...I will report once I have tried to apply a .prc app and see if it goes smoothly.

Posting Permissions