1.    #1  
    if one were to dream, could a memory stick be connected with appropriate adapter to the microusb port of the pre3 and stuff transferred in/out or more as if it were a microSDHC slot ?? I could see a "memory pouch" for the fone with additional memory and even battery power for it... or am I just a dreamer of the day??
    The functionality I believe you are describing is called USB On The Go, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_on_the_go

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Nokia$ $N8$ ($and$ $all$ $other$ $Symbian$^$3$ $thru$ $to$ $Symbian$ $Belle$ $handsets$) $had$ $USB$ $OTG$ $built$ $in$ $and$ $the$ $Samsung$ $Galaxy$ $SII$ $also$ $has$ $it$. $I$ $think$ $the$ $SGSII$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $Android$ $phone$ $to$ $have$ $this$.

I have a Nokia N8 and it is really useful, great for long trips when you have a thumb stick or a portable hard drive with all of your films and music on to watch/listen to!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-dj View Post
    The functionality I believe you are describing is called USB On The Go, here: USB On-The-Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Nokia$ $N8$ ($and$ $all$ $other$ $Symbian$^$3$ $thru$ $to$ $Symbian$ $Belle$ $handsets$) $had$ $USB$ $OTG$ $built$ $in$ $and$ $the$ $Samsung$ $Galaxy$ $SII$ $also$ $has$ $it$. $I$ $think$ $the$ $SGSII$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $Android$ $phone$ $to$ $have$ $this$.

I have a Nokia N8 and it is really useful, great for long trips when you have a thumb stick or a portable hard drive with all of your films and music on to watch/listen to!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I graduate to pre3 from motorola a3100 WImo6.1 fone with a SD slot up to 32GB ...cheap ol'me I blew for a 16gb card which gave me dozens of movies to watch ...card also held full backup of entire fone incl all apps as an executable giving full restore in <5min ...pre3 needed that...