1.    #1  
    I have noticed lots of posts about this and that not working... wifi, volume, mic, etc. Are we beginning to see a hardware premature failure global issue emerging here... thoughts??
    I can only speak for my at&t Pre 3 on the at&t network running the stock kernel but with many patches installed. I activated it at the end of October of last year and so far so good, no issues with performance and since 2.2.4 update, battery life and performance has been very good for me. As far as hardware issues, nothing yet and the slider is still very tight. I am very happy with my Pre 3, best smartphone that I have owned by far. I am not really that much of an app person and all of the apps that I have just suit me fine but mainly I just use my phone for surfing the web, texting, tethering to my TouchPad (thx PTM!) and of course, phone calls.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I can only speak for my at&t Pre 3 on the at&t network running the stock kernel but with many patches installed. I activated it at the end of October of last year and so far so good, no issues with performance and since 2.2.4 update, battery life and performance has been very good for me. As far as hardware issues, nothing yet and the slider is still very tight. I am very happy with my Pre 3, best smartphone that I have owned by far. I am not really that much of an app person and all of the apps that I have just suit me fine but mainly I just use my phone for surfing the web, texting, tethering to my TouchPad (thx PTM!) and of course, phone calls.
    mine is fine too ...it does have some wifi connectivity issues which are not yet clear as to whether it's the fone or the router ...I was referring to the list of miseries here ...if you go down it, there are a growing number of hardware type issues which brought me to wonder ...does anyone know if HP is hiring in their repair room or if Pre3 mountain out back is growing taller??
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    mine is fine too ...it does have some wifi connectivity issues which are not yet clear as to whether it's the fone or the router ...I was referring to the list of miseries here ...if you go down it, there are a growing number of hardware type issues which brought me to wonder ...does anyone know if HP is hiring in their repair room or if Pre3 mountain out back is growing taller??
    Considering that there is fair amount of Pre 3's out there I think the number of hardware problems is not that far out of line. Remember, people usually come on to forums to vent and if you go into the one thread where a member asks if the Pre 3 is worth buying, almost all of the people posting in there state they love their Pre 3's. I purchased another Pre 3 when ebay was flooded with them and the prices were down but I feel my backup Pre 3 is just going to collect dust.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Considering that there is fair amount of Pre 3's out there I think the number of hardware problems is not that far out of line. Remember, people usually come on to forums to vent and if you go into the one thread where a member asks if the Pre 3 is worth buying, almost all of the people posting in there state they love their Pre 3's. I purchased another Pre 3 when ebay was flooded with them and the prices were down but I feel my backup Pre 3 is just going to collect dust.
    my backup fone is a veer which I purchased for very little before the pre3 to see what the webOS was like ...I have kept it so I don't get stuck ...it's small and travels well for that purpose ...I went on to the pre3 due to old eyes for small screen issue ...also, I was concerned about battery changes ...turns out not to have been an issue... I have an external source for long flights with my choice of movies, not theirs.
    When I first got my Pre 3 and needed to remove the battery cover to install the sim chip, I was really nervous because of all ot the posts in here I read about people having issues with damaging their phones when removing their back covers. Before removing mine I read the instructions that at&t provided on how to remove the back cover and it was so simple and easy I laughed out loud, much easier than my Sprint Pre IMO. I fly a lot for work and that is where I love my TouchPad, with the games and Kindle app time goes by quickly and I just leave my Pre 3 off until I land.
  7.    #7  
    ...my prior fone was a smaller screen (a little) but had msie (which has an option to scale to a single column for very easy reading of websites) and also accommodated opera mobile browser with outstanding display features ...the native browser on the pre3 requires zooming a lot ...annoying ...I got complete browser (a waste) and advanced browser is not available for pre3 (works great on Touchpad where I also have opera via android cyanogen mod)... just rambling...