1.    #1  
    Help! My earpiece speaker has developed so much distortion that I find it hard to carry on a conversation. I'm sure there are no replacements available, & I don't think it comes apart anyway.

Anyone have any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    Just an update in case this can help someone else; I used some canned air & sprayed gently thru the speaker grill, also removed the trim bezel around the screen, & sprayed thru a little slot that looked like it might reach the back of the speaker. My earpiece now sounds fine, I can carry on conversations without scrambling for my Bluetooth every time my phone rings!

Been a few weeks now, I hope I'm not jinxing myself...
    Thanks for the tips. Right now, I'm having the same issue - the earpiece isn't working at all while the other functionality are fine.

Would you mind posting some pictures on which to use the canned air? Thanks in advance.
    Any chance either of you work around metal? Where you may be exposed to some form of metal shaving/small debris?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmaholic View Post
    Thanks for the tips. Right now, I'm having the same issue - the earpiece isn't working at all while the other functionality are fine.

Would you mind posting some pictures on which to use the canned air? Thanks in advance.
    Sorry, but I've since had a tragic accident with my phone and my homemade screen protector is holding the many pieces of my screen together, so I'm reluctant to take the trim piece off for pictures.

Basically, if you unsnap the trim around the screen (keep the orientation correct because the snaps on the top & bottom are different), you will see a slot behind the screen at the top that leads to the back of the speaker. I shot a little in there (not at full pressure), and also a little into the grill that the sound comes out of. Still working today.

However, my speaker never totally quit, it just sounded very distorted. If this doesn't work for you, you might consider other issues, such as the headphone jack.

Hope this helps, keep us posted
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Any chance either of you work around metal? Where you may be exposed to some form of metal shaving/small debris?
    Yes, that's what got me thinking about using the canned air; I have a little side-line sharpening hockey skates. I also had the common problem of the dead rear speaker on my pre+, however after I replaced that speaker, I dissected it & found no evidence of metal shavings. I keep my phone pretty deep in my pocket.

Not sure if if that had anything to do with it, but thought it was worth a try